Delete (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If a guy is after white / tan, this was a creampuff with what looked like sensible ROW/OE parts added, and top range aftermarket stuff. Even that knuckle pic looked like this one had seen a FAS (or it’s been detailed to death, and I don’t think that is the case).

The market is strong for any that haven’t broken 200K & have good maint records/provenances.

I’ll concede that securing funding for a 22yr old rig that KBB’s for 1/4-1/3 the trading price isn’t as easy as going to the Yota dealer & getting a “sign & drive” deal, but these 80’s are catching alot of attention from the well-heeled who would never be Mud members / worry about how to field $20K.

I see more nice ones in the ferry route out to the San Juan islands during tourist season now than 5-8yrs ago.

But I come from E30M3 world where things went flat insane ~5yrs back, and know guys who sold theirs during the initial ratchet in prices, regretting it later & esp now.

Cash is king, but the world will never raise your price for you - I bet the guy saw plenty of offers, the open market has spoken to the quickness this sold.

I could see this on BAT getting some easy $20K++ (and we might, never know).
Think what that market is, honestly Mud is great but guys who bought 80’s in the dip (think Obama term 1) -have a hard time seeing any of their own 80’s as $20K candidates anytime soon.
And alot aren’t with any body damage we call “use”.
Linus After I said I though it was to much I did a market Search and low and behold prices of 80s have sure gone up.
I think like you said the price was spot on for miles & condition.
I am sure there are plenty of MUD members like my self that can field 20k plus easy.
When I said CASH is king I meant somebody showed up with the cash and made a deal .
I also think the OP was a bit naive to thing the seller would hold that Reg for 5 day on a phone call, there are to many flakes in the would today and to many way to send a deposit.

Keep looking bud. Widen your search a bit and try Facebook marketplace. They are out here.

I'll pat myself on the back a bit as I snagged this one - The ad never mentioned the new leather on the front seats or a dozen other maintenance items that had been done.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom