SOLD Delano, MN: 2002 Lexus LX470 - SOLD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Mileage
Color
rgb(247, 242, 242)
Outside Link
https://photos.app.goo.gl/MidmQ9MMvusRU64w6
Year: 2002
Make: Lexus
Model: LX470
Miles: 166,100
Price: $11,500 without the Rock Warriors; $13,000 with. Final price, no negotiation, please don't ask as the answer is no.

I have a 2002 Lexus LX470 with 166,100 miles that I drove back from AZ to MN in late January. I flew down and had a lot of stuff to haul and wasn't interested in renting so purchased this while I was down there. It was a Texas vehicle the first 3.5 years of its life and then AZ the remainder.

I have the Carfax on it which shows:
- Very good maintenance history
- Unknown accident on 5/30/2007
- Minor Right Front Accident @ 141k-147
- The only panel missing the VIN sticker is the right front quarter panel, which corresponds with the diagram included on the Carfax
- Timing Belt done @ 125k
- New Geolander A/T Tires @ 159k

Under my ownership (160k+):
- Alignment at Lexus of Chandler
- Transmission Fluid & Filter Replaced
- Upper and Lower Radiator Hoses & Clamps
- BT45-TOY Bluetooth adapter for stock navigation radio + Aux-In
- Cabin Air Filters
- Fuel Filter
- Air Filter
- Hood & Rear Gate Struts
- AHC (Automatic Height Control) Fluid Flush & Fill
- AHC System and Torsion bar adjusted to within spec (sceen shot below)
- Front from bottom lip of rim to bottom lip of fender: 28 3/8"
- Rear from bottom lip of rim to bottom lip of fender: 29 1/4"
- Running Board Lights Replaced
- Cabin and Gauge Cluster lights replaced with LEDs
- Front & Rear Brakes
- Second Key with working remote (Owners Manual still has the Valet key)
- Center Diff Lock Indicator Switch
- Headliner
- Radiator
- 166k: Rock Warrior wheels with Firestone Destination X/T 275/70/17 tires mounted with Slee purchased SpiderTrax 1.25" spacers

This is a well sorted, great riding, driving, and running vehicle. It is comfortable as can be at any speed. The Height Control and Suspension adjustments work perfectly. Heat is hot, A/C blows cold. Navigation is certainly outdated, but with the BT45 unit, it is somewhat modernized and you can receive and make calls through the speaker system.

This is a used vehicle, so there are signs of what I would call normal wear and tear for being 18 years old. Given it's a southern vehicle, rust isn't a concern and the underneath looks clean as can be. The only thing that doesn't work currently, although I'm looking into it, is the moonroof. The motor works, but the window does not open/close. The headliner had a TV/DVD unit that was shorting the interior lights so I removed it and replaced it with a good, used one.

3.25.2020 Update: Price drop from the $13k to a more realistic $11k. I had an emotional price on it given I didn't want to sell. Still don't and don't need to. I will not take less. I think it's a fair price for it as is.

4.12.2020 Update: I replaced the engine oil and filter, front and rear differential, and transfer case fluids. I'm an AMSOIL snob and even though I'm trying to sell this, that's what it got.

4.28.2020 Update: Rear brake pads replaced, parking brakes adjusted. Various interior/switch lights replaced with LEDs. And price drop to $10,500. I haven't had time to replace/repair the headliner. There's a couple available locally in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area for $250.

5.7.2020 Update: New front brakes, an instrument cluster full of LEDs, a second key (I only got 1 when I bought it), and a new center diff lock indicator switch.

5.14.2020 Update: Sorry for the misrepresentation on price as I meant to put $10,750 and not $10,250 for buying it with not fixing the headliner. To make it easier, I'm going to say $10,500, as is with the existing headliner. No further price adjustments down. That is my bottom of bottom price. I will not accept less.

6.2.2020 Update: New Radiator installed (old one developed a leak, so I replaced it), new-to-it headliner, M2V2 Ram mount, and re-greased CV with McMaster-Carr clamps and Redline CV-2 grease. Because of this, the price is now $11,500 firm.

7.29.2020 Update: New-to-me Rock Warriors in excellent condition with Firestone Destination X/T 275/70/17 mounted with Slee purchased SpiderTrax 1.25" spacers.

IMG_20200729_161233.jpg

IMG_20200213_171537.jpg

IMG_20200213_180310.jpg

IMG_20200213_180337.jpg

IMG_20200213_180420.jpg

Last edited:
I don't want to sell it, but I got it back and what I was hoping would happen isn't. So it's this, or the 1991 BMW 318is and 1976 BMW 530i have to go. Both of which are available. :)

CarFax:

Attachments

• CARFAX Vehicle History Report for this 2002 LEXUS LX 470_ JTJHT00W023520681.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 164
Looks nice, please update if you figure something out with moon-roof. I am close by in ND and looking for nice 100. This is definitely on the list.

Will do. I plan to drop the headliner this weekend and get a closer look.

Updated CarFax - the original one was from when I bought it. I didn't realize I could login and get a current version of it. The maintenance I had done (Alignment & Transmission) and the purchase record are on this one.

3/2/2020 update: I learned about the Lexus Driver's website and signed up. Attached is the maintenance record from there.

Attachments

• 2.21.2020 - CARFAX 2002 LEXUS LX 470_ JTJHT00W023520681.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 126
  • Lexus Service History _ 2002 LX470 JTJHT00W023520681.pdf
    468.4 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Do you know the extent of the right front collision?

I don't. I took more pictures of the passenger side. The VIN sticker is missing from the quarter-panel, so I assume that was replaced. But perhaps you or others have a more discerning set of eyes than I do. It looks straight and no crinkles in the frame or over by the radiator mount area. I assume if it was bad and wasn't fixed properly, there'd be some visual sign. I'm just not seeing anything.

Edit: Screen shot of AHC added and initial post updated.

IMG_20200222_120536.jpg

IMG_20200222_120554.jpg

IMG_20200222_120614.jpg
IMG_20200222_120536.jpg
IMG_20200222_120554.jpg
IMG_20200222_120614.jpg

LXX470 Techstream AHC.png

Last edited:
Updated original post. Despite having looked at the Carfax multiple times, it was pointed out to me that there are actually 2 accidents reported on it and not the 1 I represented. I did take pictures of each VIN sticker and the only one missing is the right front quarter panel. All others (Left Front, Driver Door, Driver Rear, Rear hatch and gate, Passenger Rear, and Passenger Front) have the sticker present with matching VIN.

I also counted the number of ticks on the AHC reservoir between High and Low. It's at 8.5/9.

I added the Lexus service report in Post 11 with the updated Carfax.

As it relates to the moonroof, I haven't figured anything out. I did remove the moonroof and the motor and if I had some prior knowledge/experience maybe what's missing would pop out at me. I can tell someone was in there before me and perhaps they took something out that is preventing the motor cog from gripping the cable. It all fits together nicely, and the motor runs, the cog spins, but nothing happens. Specifically, when I take the cover off of the "Cable Guide Case" (63221-60030), I can see the cables, and the case fits together snug (when I align the metal tubes properly). It doesn't seem like there's anything in the assembly that allows the motor cog to grip the cables in a meaningful way. I did use it as an opportunity to test the drains and both driver and passenger drain as expected.

Anyway, It looks like according to here: Sunroof disassembly if I price those out without any kind of deal shopping, it's $843. To that end, I would be willing to negotiate on a price drop to $12,500.

Bump for fresh fluids and update to original post.

@Sog got any pics in daylight? I'm curious as to what the paint on the driver's side looks like outside. In the garage pic it looks like the doors are faded whereas the front fender and hood are shiny and in good shape. Love the maintenance and attention to detail in this ad.

Good call. I'll back it out of the garage tomorrow and take a few.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom