Defroster/ ice puzzle/arctic circle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Happy New Year to all,
My wonderful HDJ100 just drove to the arctic circle in Sweden from London and curiously on most of a 10 hour snowstorm heading back to Denmark, I could not keep up with the ice forming on the windshield. We had to stop and scrap the windshield approx. every 15min. I have had the truck for 19 years and during 15 in Switz. I never experienced this before. Normally the defrost on max solved any problem and it really blows hard. The only part of the puzzle that I am not sure is a possible explanation in that there was lots of ice in the cowl area (between windshield and hood) near wiper arms. I tried to clear but as it was -20C I could not get the ice out. Could this explain the "mystery"?

I tried defrost only in full fan, with both normal air circulation and also cabin only recirculating and also various temp settings-- nothing made a difference. The only improvement was using RainX on windshield which limited the ice formation.

Any suggestions? With now 280k km and a flawless history and lots of winter driving, this one really puzzles me. Yes, ice was forming on the front lights BUT is was -5C most of the way and not freezing rain.

Many thanks for any ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom