Trade Defender 90 for Fj or BJ40, etc.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ive got an '84 defender 90 2.5 NA excellent condition that Id consider a trade for an FJ / BJ 40, etc. My defender came from Southern Italy originally and is 100% rust free. Take a look at the pics and let me know if your interested and what you've got.

FYI book value is in the $30's. Thanks

IMG_0077.JPG
IMG_0079.JPG
IMG_0081.JPG
IMG_0082.JPG

@supertreeman .......... "Ive got an '84 defender 90 2.5 NA excellent condition" .........

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is that a typo? I didn't think Land Rover started using the "Defender" name until the late 90's.

Interesting! I might be interested, I've got a 110 that East Coast Defender built for me (google "the beast defender 110) can you PM me?

Nice rig!!! I almost bought one of those in 1993! IIRC, Landrover only imported those Defender 90s to the US from 93 to 97. Back then, I was choosing between a black D90 or a white 4Runner Limited. The price difference was only $3k more for the D90, but at the time, that was enough to sway me to go for the 4Runner. In a way, I've always regretted not getting that D90. But in another way, I've become a diehard Toyota guy, especially the 4Runner. I'm on my 3rd 4Runner and can't see myself without always having one in my stable...

Good luck with your trade!!

I’ve had some offers but it’s still available. Located in Philadelphia suburbs..

They are stout 4x4's for sure, but are plagued with mechanical issues. I owned a 1996 Land Rover Discovery and had nothing but problems with it. The V8 they offered is a turd. Also have friends who have owned the D90's in the past and experienced the same issues. Definitely not as reliable as a Toyota.

Disco's are garbage. Always have been. Defenders aren't so bad. I agree stay away from the V8's and 2.5 Turbo Diesel, but the earlier naturally aspirated diesels, and TDI engines are pretty bulletproof, or at least they have been for me. Ive had other issues with mine besides things you'd expect from a 30+ y/o vehicle.. The key is to stay away from the North American spec vehicles..and be prepared to turn a wrench sometimes.

Disco's are garbage. Always have been. Defenders aren't so bad. I agree stay away from the V8's and 2.5 Turbo Diesel, but the earlier naturally aspirated diesels, and TDI engines are pretty bulletproof, or at least they have been for me. Ive had other issues with mine besides things you'd expect from a 30+ y/o vehicle.. The key is to stay away from the North American spec vehicles..and be prepared to turn a wrench sometimes.
Yeah, all my distaste for them comes from the North American spec LR's. I have a good friend who has been a master certified Lexus mechanic for over 20 years and he used to work with a guy from Land Rover. He told me to stay away from them since I was contemplating buying a used D90 when they could still been had for under $20k in the used market. He told me that with a LR you know they are out of fluid when you don't see leaks on the ground. I found that out first hand when I bought a Disco years ago. That was the biggest POS I have ever owned. I loved the ground clearance and it had the best departure view I have ever had in a vehicle, but that was about it. The motor was beyond slow. It ate head gaskets and was plagued by electrical gremlins living up to the infamous title of "The Prince of Darkness". Never again for me. I will stick with Toyota.

Bump!

Just put a fresh 200 tdi in this truck and it now can keep up with modern traffic..

Would still consider possible trade

Bump for the new year. Would still consider trades. Upgraded engine to the legendary 200 TDI..

Shoot me a pic of the engine bay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom