Deer Valley Run/Moved to Barret Lake run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
TRAIL: Deer Valley Trail starts at Hermit Valley off Hwy 4 and runs to Hope Valley Hwy 89.

DESCRIPTION: Beautiful trail that runs thru two wilderness areas. Runs along a river with a couple of crossings: High alpine forest with Quaking Aspens.

DATE: September 23rd for those camping at Hermit Valley Campground and for those who are just coming for the run the 24th

LEAVE TIME: 8:30 from campground

MEETING LOCATION: Hermit Valley campground which is the start of the trail.

TRAIL DIFFICULTY: Mostly 2 with some obstacles at 3.

ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT: Food for lunch. Camping gear and food if camping Friday night. Lets hope fire restrictions will be lifted by then

DURATION OF RUN: Most of the day. In to first water then out will take some time as we need to go back HWY 4.

REMEMBER WE ALWAYS TREAD LIGHTLY: CB Channel 3 and 2 meter 146.6

I have yet to run Deer Valley, what is required vehicle wise in your opinion?

For a carefree trip at least 35s (or at least 4 inches of lift on 33s) and one locker and armor on the rear bumper as it seems to have a few drops that always tag the bumper. Of course sliders are a must.

Last edited:
So lets post up here if any of you guys want to run this. I know it is still early but I wanted to find out and if no one is going I have an opportunity to run a trail I haven't done yet:hmm:. Barret Lake. It is just a bit more of a challenge than Deer Valley. For those who would like to do Barret and have the rig that could handle it ,you would also be welcome:cheers:. That said, if there are those who want to do DV then lets do it. I'm happy either way.:)

May be out on structural geology field trip, will know more once the teacher has designated sections as to what date i will be gone looking at rocks

I've got it in my calendar to go, I vote for deer valley, because a lot more rigs in the club can go, and I'm sure any rig on 33s with sliders can get through deer valley after talking to people on the 45 run (which use to be held at deer valley b4 they closed it).

I'm responsible for seeing wagons on 33s through the rubicon next year......so don't be afraid, Lets have a good turn out!

And I'm planning to camp the night b4, should be fun!

I wont be able to make it to the deer valley run, ill be out supporting Jesse Haines's Super Crawl event at Wild West that weekend since my roommate Zach films for him. And from what I heard this weekend at Cantina, Barrett Lake is pretty blown out so be prepared to find some giant holes in the rock gardens that make them more difficult...

Lets talk about it at the meeting:hmm:. I'm not sure it won't be just Justin and I at this point. Hope you others can post up and enjoy one of the best in the west trails. Will miss you Brett. Glad you could make the cantina party. It was a blast the years I have gone-and for a good cause. Barret sounds even better for me. I understand some may be hesitant to give it a try.:confused:

Post up if you have any comments or desire to run Barret with us and I will let you know the details. I promise a run before the snow flies to DV. It may be just a day trip but that is usually enough to run this great little trail. Some Friday would be a fun day to run it.:hmm:

I spoke with justin about running DV a different weekend, hopefully we can make that happen. Saw that kirkwood got 3-4" at the peak so its coming;)

Let me know if you decide to run it sometime. I want to go. Someone said at the meeting it was going to open all the way soon.

More info. Leave time from Wrights Lake campground at 7AM to ensure camping at the end of the trail at Barrett Lake. Otherwise it’s back out again as camping is first come or no serve. Some will be camping at Wright’s Lake Friday night.

Well I didn't make it to this run. Went out friday pm and started my prep for Barret run-the 2nd in two weeks-and found the top two springs in my pack busted clean through like they were cut:eek:. So I build another pack and it was too short:bang:. Then I found one of my old 21/2 lift springs. It went on fine and just made me a bit lopsided but steering was fine.:confused: And I just put my wallet in my right back pocket it leveled me out;). So I'm on my way and get to Tahoe to gas up and the cruiser won't start. Dead battery:doh:. Got Jumped. So I drive to Oriellys and get a new one but after installing it the volt meter only was charging at 10V and the headlights were dim:crybaby:. So I went home. On the way the charging voltage went up to 12V and everything was peachy. So I plan to leave in the am and find the guys before 7:00 after a 21/2 hour drive which meant I would have needed to 4:30am in 30 degree weather:eek:. Needles to say, I stayed home and watched my Grandson while his parents walked for Althiemers around the Sparks Marina. So another missed chance to wheel. And a sh**load :worms:of repairs happening. My drivers perch was muffed (collapsed) so that gets replaced and Toy. no longer makes those springs so I need to buy to new ones from C.Outfitters in Utah and replace the other perch to make them match. Perches by Ruff S. And my oil leak needs to get repaired. New Oil Pan Gasket should do it I hope:hmm:. So Happy wheeling all:moon:! You wont see me out for awhile.:wrench:

Sometimes you have to stop and maintenance a rig fully to get more enjoyment out of your opportunities.

it was a crap show from the time i realized I forgot my sleeping bag!!!!:flush:
After I got back from S. lake from buying a new sleeping bag, we got to the gate keeper to find 5 rigs w/ two green wheelers. Thats all well and good, but they REFUSED to let us by. So after a long day behind them, we get to Barrett lake to find it uncomfortably FULL!:crybaby: So we had a beer, saddled up again and headed back out. By the end we had one busted/ separated drive shaft, one hub sheared off at the bolts and a seized rear drum. It was good to be out and camping, but you didnt miss a GREAT run or anything, I hate to say.
Ive got some work to do as well.:worms:

Bummer trip:mad:. I still wished I could have made it. Wanted to see the trail and the camping friday night would have been fun:clap:. Sorry about the damage. Like we say "its always something" Found out the place in Ut only has 2 inch lift springs. So I think I'm back to finding a stock used one. If anybody has an extra one please let me know. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom