Deciding on a lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think I'm ready to put a lift on my LX450. I've got some 285's going on it so not planning to go huge but the stock springs and shocks are toast.

I'm open to ideas and have talked to @Land Speeder a little bit. I'm curious if just doing spacers and f150 shocks nets a good ride and enough lift or is it worth it to go OME / ICON / Donaldson?

Also, would any of you happen to have a lifted 80 that I might could join you for a test drive in?

Lots and lots of new options out there, almost too many really.

I have Ironman heavies with bilsteins and have been happy with them. You are welcome to test drive it.

Agreed. The more I look the more perplexing it gets. Although, we can wipe the$1500+ options off the plate real quick.

I know you see this a lot, but "it depends"

If you like the current ride, but would like a little height and don't have any current plans for bumpers, sliders, etc. Then slap some pucks on top of the coils add some new shocks and rock out. I had never ridden in a stock 80 til I bought the 92 and honestly in stock trim they ride pretty nice. The old coils are settled and maybe a little soft, but some new shocks will help control the roll.

Anything you add aftermarket is likely going to firm up the ride and be less plush feeling because the spring rates are higher.

If you are looking to add a bumper or some extra weight to one end or the other, then now is a good time to plan for that and not spend the money twice. But if your just looking to get up over those 285s, then spacers and shocks and roll.

For tire size reference, This is my 92, OME stock height coils and 1" spacers all around. Tires are 265/75R16 (32"+/-)

0711161808_HDR.jpg

The ARB and winch give it about 3/4" rake.

The new coils gained about an inch over the stockers and then another inch from the spacers. Spacers only would put you about where the front sits, as the extra weight brought the front down about an inch.

Can't speak to ride quality yet as it is waiting for a 4spd swap currently.

Ended up getting some OME 2851/2860 springs and the @Land Speeder F150 shocks plus some caster bushings. I'm sure it will do the job. Going to order up some trail gear sliders and a set of their extended brake lines too I guess since mine are 20 years old.

Decided to go this route so I could just get it locally and keep some money in town for once.

Ready to go enjoy this thing some more soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom