Decent shop tyre inflator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.george4wd.taskled.com
After putting up with a cheapo HF inflator for more years than I should, I went shopping for something that will last forever and has a gauge that I can actually trust.

I have a mate that has this style of inflator and I remember as spring chickens seeing it in use by my mate's dad. So, I started looking for the same sort of unit.

Finally after quite a bit of searching I found what I considered a decent commercial grade product that was reasonably priced ($52 delivered).

Comes with a calibration/test sheet and shows around +/- 0.2psi from 10 - 140 psi, quite impressive!

In the box:

pcl2.jpg

and in its full glory:

pcl1.jpg

Made in the UK.

cheers,
george.

Typical LC owner overkill...

:grinpimp:

I expect it to last my lifetime and then one of my sons can fight over it when I'm gone... So good long term value and hopefully a man's heirloom :)

Great tyre chuck on it that actually seals. Easy to just measure pressure or fill/release pressure.

Overkill is good :clap:

cheers,
george.

I hear you. I've had my fill as well with cheap tire inflators. The last one became NS after the dial face somehow warped preventing the needle from moving past the 40 psi mark. Nice find.

I have the Powertank TIG-8200. I changed the end to a straight on high flow clip on though. Since the gauge is oil filled, it reads a bit slow, but I'm happy with it. They have a variety of other models.

31.802.600x400.TIG-8200-700.jpg

Saw a couple nice ARB units at Slee last week...

Never really thought about air chucks before, but after this thread and trying to use a couple of horrible cheapies today, I'm definitely seeing the value.

I have the one from Lowes. The needle fell off the gauge, then the chuck disassembled itself.
I put on an oil filled 0-60 psi gauge and a higher quality chuck. Works great now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom