Death Valley Days 2/12-2/15 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am meeting the East Valley crew at QT @Southern and 101 at 5:15 am.
CB antenna hooked up and I am mostly packed!

12 Gallons of water (shared use), small tent, sleeping bag, pad, pillow, ear plugs so I can't hear me snore, camp chair, clothes, snacks, small camp stove, small percolator, coffee grounds, propane lantern, extra propane bottles, misc. kitchen items, flame, small hand tools , shovel, bumper dumper (just wait!), etc. Need anything or should I leave anything to avoid multiple duplicates? I just need to put ice in the cooler on the case of 4Peaks Kiltlifter and cold snacks. It is going to be a great 4 days. Thank you for having me along CSC.

Rooty - aka Steve, the new guy with the white Lx470...
don't forget the toilet paper

I have 2 rolls already packed. So he has room for more beer

I am regretfully out for DV, gang. Need to recover from some long weeks at work. Unfortunately, driving 1000 mi is not the proper Rx. Have fun, take lots of pix.

I am regretfully out for DV, gang. Need to recover from some long weeks at work. Unfortunately, driving 1000 mi is not the proper Rx. Have fun, take lots of pix.
Unacceptable !!!!! Proper Rx is to drive 1000 miles, eat and drink beer amongst your friends and not shower for 3 days in the vast region of Death Valley.... Are we really going to drive 1000 miles - Geez - I have to rethink this ---Hmmmm??????? I have already packed so I have no choice but to go.

Ya Pitch Dr. Rudster has given you a prescription. You have to follow the doctors orders.

Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity; and that mountain parks and reservations are useful not only as fountains of timber and irrigating rivers, but as fountains of life.
John Muir

Hell no!

Say it ain't so Pitch. Being way out from civilization and camping under the stars should be the calm that you seek. Let Tonya drive, you sleep and just enjoy the peace and quiet.

We will catch you an the next one I guess.

Pitch - Was hoping you would have been able to finish your first Kiltlifter with us around the fire ring and say "Thank you sir may I have another"! Stay clear of Dean Wormer as you heal brother :)

Still getting a few things together, but I expect we will be looking for the exact where in Beatty for the evening stop. Hopefully we will be making a rapid exit from CG a little before Noon.

Jason Cell 928-699-7591 I will have my handheld HAM also. No License as of yet, so I am the rogue I guess.

I will text you a picture of our camp location and send you a text. We should be north of Beatty in the free camp ground.

Spent the day getting the RTT on top and laying a bed of cardboard to protect my new air mattress (Exped10 Megamat Duo), replacing the original foam mattress. Hopefully this will set me up for a few great nights of sleep on this trip. Everything else gets thrown into the LC tomorrow morning (early), and then wait for word from 'The Convoy'. I also hard-wired the CB into the back of the cigarette lighter connection which will allow me to run the CB and charge USB devices at the same time; CBT had a 2xUSB lighter insert for 1amp and 2amp connections that I couldn't pass up, as I'll need to charge my phone and GoalZero lantern during the daytime when we're out running around.

6285e787-40c5-4d34-bfcd-d6e8bdcc78f0

Fueled up and ready to go - looking forward to this trip, guys!

The countdown begins. See you in a little while.

Road trip. Maybe we can stop at the girls college and pick up Fawn Liebowitcz, she is making me a ceramic mug

Hooked up. Ready to go.

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom