1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dearth Ride

Discussion in 'Bicycling' started by HiRoad, Jul 14, 2017.

1. HiRoad

HiRoad

July 8th was the completion of my 8th consecutive Death Ride in Markleeville, CA. 129 miles with 15,000 feet of elevation gain all at a base elevation of 5,500' with climbs into 9,000'. Next up on July 29th is the Santa Cruz Mountain Challenge with 135 miles and 13,200 feet of elevation gain, but this one begins at sea level. Been a roadie all my life. Anyone else have some epic rides you've mashed out this year?

powthief19 and gregnash like this.
  2. bugsnbikes

bugsnbikes SILVER Star

Albums:
    July 8th was the completion of my 8th DEARTH RIDE when I rode to 7-11 and got an epic dog off the dog spinner and powered home with an extra pump of cheese and chili....

Next week i hope to make it to El Pollo Loco for an epic taco pastor or two with at least two laps to the salsa bar !

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    MANUCHAO, Dork and gregnash like this.
  3. PortFJ62

PortFJ62

I wish we had those here in the Portland Area. Jealous.

4. bugsnbikes

bugsnbikes SILVER Star

Albums:
    wait.......Portland doesnt have 7-11's with the hot dogs spinnin on grills and the chili and cheese pumps??? Or have 7-11s in Portland jumped to vegan-salad bars? ;)

5. PortFJ62

PortFJ62

LOL, no I mean -"July 8th was the completion of my 8th consecutive Death Ride in Markleeville, CA. 129 miles with 15,000 feet of elevation gain all at a base elevation of 5,500' with climbs into 9,000'. Next up on July 29th is the Santa Cruz Mountain Challenge with 135 miles and 13,200 feet of elevation gain, but this one begins at sea level."

But yes, we do have the latter as well. Just a different type of cycling and cyclist for that matter:rofl:

6. CycloSteve

CycloSteve SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Did the Death Ride back in the 90's through 2002. Nine times, including the years when they had to change routes, and added in a bonus sixth pass.

Stopped doing when we moved overseas, then when came back to the US I was sad to see that it had become too commercial. Spaces were being eaten up with those who had no desire to do the whole ride.

I also live up in the SC mountains, though don't get as many miles in these days...great rides here from our front door for sure. Epic rides now seem to be anything over 50 miles, LOL.