Date for PYS Tour 2010 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, I know it is a long way off but some of us must make our first requests for next years vacation the week before Thanksgiving, and I don't want to miss this again. I don't need to know where this week long wheeling event will take me, just when.
I figure the veterens from this years event should come to an agreement as to when and where. I have the seniority to get most any weeks I want in the first round, but it may be difficult to get a definite week latter in the year.
I know it has to be after school is out but lets see if we can narrow it down from there.

Mark

Holy crap am I glad to see this thread started!
If we are going to try and do this every year, as a general rule, keep it in June and like Mark said, after school is out. If a "real" GSMTR happens in that time frame then we can do that. If some guys don't want to do GSMTR because of issued discussed in earlier threads I'm open to making our own tour like last summer cuz it was a blast!!
For me, what it all boils down to is that I am very flexible especially if I can mark my calender early. The longer i wait the more the calender fills up.

What is the PYS tour, and what are the problems of the GSMTR? I'm not familiar with either.

What is the PYS tour, and what are the problems of the GSMTR? I'm not familiar with either.

Observe ^^^^^ Our new Donny^^^^

Tom you're retired.

Walmart Tour 2010

Well this all depends on what we plan on doing and how we do it.

1. Colorado: free wheeling/camping in the rockies. 1000 mi from me

There are several weekend events we can hook up with on the first weekend and get the skinny on where to go and maybe some GPS coordinates.

2. South Dakota: Black hills for a week. 1000 mi from me

We can hook up with the Black Hills Cruiser Classic, and organize our week around that. It can be the first weekend, the last weekend, or we can put it in the middle.

3. Out east: rousch creek etc... Closer maybe 700 mi.

Great east coast wheeling, but it will be hard to fill a week I think.

4. Or we can go south: OK, AR, TX, etc...

Some awesome parks! but dont much more than that. HOT

I personally like the Black Hills Cruser Classic plan. I hear its a good event. The scenery looks amazing. One base camp all week. Lots of trails and other stuff to do. COOLER CLIMATE!!! July 14-17 So its a bit later, and might conflict with the Chicago toyota jambo, but I know a guy who knows the guy that organizes it and he can get that event moved around just for us. Now the 14-17 looks like a wed to friday (I dont get that but....) so do we end the week on that event and wander for the first few days alone and lost. Do we get there on wed and participate then wheel on our own til....?.

But im for whatever.

Oh and GSMTR is dead....sorry kids but it is. I think its better think about hooking up with locals if we wheel "out west public land" so that may mean hooking up with events.

Walmart Tour 2010

If it is to be called the "Walmart Tour" then there should be required picture proof of best mullit and most tatoos for the one of us that that don't do Walmart.;p

Dates are required only two months ahead for us so no problem there.

Location: any place that's not 1000* has my vote. Black Hills or Rousch Creek would be my first choices.

Im game for the black hills. Roush Creek will probably be cooler too but the Rockies has the much drier climate meaning NO MOSQUITOES and sitting in the cab sweating like a whore in church. Just have to watch out for the black widows.

However the guy that does run the chicago jambo is a soulless ginger mofo and could be a prick to deal with. I doubt he would change it. He likes to go out and buy R/C Crawlers with other peoples money. He also likes to tag along on trips like his and invite his douche bag friends to come with too. :flipoff2:

Observe ^^^^^ Our new Donny^^^^

Tom you're retired.

I'm not sure that i am ready to pass this on. If I have to for the good of the cause, then I will.

I'm not sure that i am ready to pass this on. If I have to for the good of the cause, then I will.

You have no say in the matter.

Ok so just throwing this out there, lets say July 10th to the 18th. And go from there. Since this thread can probably go on another couple weeks without any real info.

I'm down for just about anywhere.
Just need to know by January
Sorry Tom...time to pass the Donny crown on to the less informed

And as more people chime in, if these dates, or this venue doesnt work we can make changes. Im sure we can get some locals to come out and show us around the black hills/badlands/whatever.

I'm down for just about anywhere.
Just need to know by January
Sorry Tom...time to pass the Donny crown on to the less informed

Hey, aren't you on the clock!!???!!
Git your azz back to work!!

I'm basicly open for anything in June or July. Tenn. and Eastern KY is an option that we may want to look into also. Harlin, Slade, Coalcreek, Woolies, and others. Just an idea.

Mark

I'm basicly open for anything in June or July. Tenn. and Eastern KY is an option that we may want to look into also. Harlin, Slade, Coalcreek, Woolies, and others. Just an idea.

Mark

Sounds like fun. Hot, but could shold be scenic.

Get some more info and sell us on it. :D

Ok, at the risk of fully taking the spot, what the hell is the Donny crown? I only moved here 3 months ago, what the hell do you expect!?

Ok, at the risk of fully taking the spot, what the hell is the Donny crown? I only moved here 3 months ago, what the hell do you expect!?

Don't worry, based on your recital of Monty Python, you won't have the "Donny crown" for long. Try to view it as an honor, it makes it rather enjoyable!

Don't worry, based on your recital of Monty Python, you won't have the "Donny crown" for long. Try to view it as an honor, it makes it rather enjoyable!

Shut the fxxx up Donny. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom