Dash/gauge light bulbs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to refresh the dash up a little bit. Where are you guys getting your gauge bulbs from? Anyone have a link or so? No so much the led kind just regular with the green tips. Thanks

Any auto parts store has them. Ancient design. Remove one & bring it with you. After trying LED options, I opted to keep the incandescent bulbs. To me they looked much better.
The bulb lighting the tachometer I did change to a clear LED and it was/is a big improvement over the dim incandescent bulb. Not too bright. Just right.
Picture shown has all incandescent gauge lights and the clear LED in the tach.
B4604DAC-3B7E-44AB-98A5-5B680F6D3E70.jpeg

Any auto parts store has them. Ancient design. Remove one & bring it with you. After trying LED options, I opted to keep the incandescent bulbs. To me they looked much better.
The bulb lighting the tachometer I did change to a clear LED and it was/is a big improvement over the dim incandescent bulb. Not too bright. Just right.
View attachment 3301528
I agree. incandescent dash lights provide a nice light that's not harsh and adjusts nicely. All the LED conversions I've seen were too harsh.

I went with red LED for night vision. I bought a selection to find the right brightness. Even after testing I ended up with the lights behind the blinker being to bright but some black electrical tape settled it down.

Looking to refresh the dash up a little bit. Where are you guys getting your gauge bulbs from? Anyone have a link or so? No so much the led kind just regular with the green tips. Thanks
View attachment 3301528

This is the new FAA and USCG wheel house and cockpit night time Illumination LED

Well not all the green and red ONLY the blue …

73321C10-1F9B-43F3-9419-4D6F2B298FD6.jpeg

The main illumination bulbs in the gagues (and switch bezel) are Toshiba 3.4W capless bulbs, 99132-12034. If you need the green cap, the part number for a green capped 3.4W bulb, with a socket, is 90010-06006.

Other bulbs (on my non-US model):
Main beam indicator: 1.8W 90981-11018
Cigarette lighter socket: 1.4W 90981-11014
Rear defogger switch (87+) 84999-10110
AC switch: 1.4W 90981-11024

Listing in case you need any, on my model's FSM many of these bulbs are not listed as separate items.

EO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom