Darwin Awards (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We need this information, so we can enjoy the pain of others! :rofl:

(Reuters) -Two men died after a Tesla vehicle, which was believed to be operating without anyone in the driver's seat, crashed into a tree on Saturday night north of Houston, authorities said.

“There was no one in the driver’s seat," Sgt. Cinthya Umanzor of the Harris County Constable Precinct 4 said.

The 2019 Tesla Model S was traveling at a high rate of speed, when it failed to negotiate a curve and went off the roadway, crashing to a tree and bursting into flames, local television station KHOU-TV said.

After the fire was extinguished, authorities located 2 occupants in the vehicle, with one in the front passenger seat while the other was in the back seat of the Tesla, the report said, citing Harris County Precinct 4 Constable Mark Herman.

🤪 Homer S said it... SMRT...

Can't fix stupid, and we've sort of weened ourselves off of natural selection...
We really have.

Self driving cars kindof asking for it. Of course people are going to stop paying attention if the car is doing the work. And idiots will take it a step further like we always do.
Even if they're half paying attention and reading or something they'll still be slow enough to react they may as well be asleep or not there.

That said... if I could spend my whole commute napping, sign me up :lol:

Update: Apparently the owner was an MD Anesthesiologist. This next is really disturbing. He actually got into the back seat on purpose

"Witnesses told the police that the accident happened shortly after the victims left a house, saying they would test automated driving capability."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom