Darasick's Build/Rebuild Thread... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I found them on CL in San Antonio... I had my cousin pick them up and ship them to me.This search engine helped locate them by searching for "Tundra Rims". All of the junk yards are pricey, I picked these up for $300. These rims came in two different colors and these weren't the color I wanted, so I painted them with Duplicolor Gunmetal Metallic rattle can from Advanced Auto Parts.

They came out great will have to keep an eye out for a set :)

Nice work! Your rig looks great.

I find my 37's rub while going down steep inclines and having to turn.

tiny.jpg

ouch. I had that problem and was able to move my axle a couple of inches forward. I think you're in a different boat though!

easy fix with a hammer

That is exactly how I fixed it in order to keep the sharp bits from tearing into my tire.:D Darasick's rig looks to be in better shape than mine so I was just throwing it out there before he did the same thing. My 3 link thingamajiggy might also have something to do with it. I really don't know though, I was never that good at geometry. I am sure others here will know better than I.

I did have a little rubbing before removing the front mud flap, but since then I have had no problems with the front end. I'll have to find a step incline to try that out on.

N. LA? Look for a wing wall to a bridge. ;)

Update...

With a little help from a buddy I got the new Koyo A1918 radiator installed and LandTank Caster correction plates installed last Friday night. He left after the rad was finished and half of the holes were drilled for the plates, and I can tell you it was a PITA to finish the holes and get the Control Arms buttoned up by yourself! (I may just be a wuss, but it was 2:00am when I finished:eek:). I dropped it off to get aligned today and below is the spec sheet. The Caster is spot frickin' on! :D My only concern is that my Camber and SAI is out of spec can anyone explain how this is possible on a SFA rig?

Attachments

• Alignment 2-9-2011.pdf
    21.8 KB · Views: 149
Bent axle or bad trunion bearings?

Wouldn't I have a definitive wobble while driving if that were the case?

Not build related...

Well I stumbled across a few threads today and low and behold I found some info on my cruiser. This exercise was pretty interesting.
-I'm not the third owner, I'm the fourth, so CARFAX lies
-It used to belong to the cruisercrap.com guy.
-cool link Mark's new ride..
-I now have a subscription folder of 8 threads that were started about this truck back in the day.

Maybe preload on bearings too???

If you have no wobble, no play in the bearings, and even wear on tires.....what's the problem?

Maybe preload on bearings too???

If you have no wobble, no play in the bearings, and even wear on tires.....what's the problem?

My OCD... I'm going to roll with it for now and monitor the wear

We all got these cool little tread depth gauges at SCC. I use mine a lot on all of our vehicles. Handy little doo-hickey.

in this cold weather that doo-hickey can be used for other measurements as well

8/32's at -14 BABY!

U go guy!! at -14 I would need a string to fin it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom