dana 300 to 700r4 who's adaptor to use ? (1 Viewer)

I finally got my dana 300, i've been looking on craigslist for 3 month's 2 or 3 times a day.:bounce:I only had to drive 6 hours round trip:steer: to get it. So now i need to decide who's adaptor to buy. I was thinking of novak adaptors or jb conversions . The jb looks like it comes with a new output shaft and i dont want to take the trans apart if i dont half to, or it's for a 2wd trans. I havent called them yet to ask because it's the weekend. what do you guy's think?
thank's james

Last edited:

With the Novak, you can get either the output for the tranny or new input for the Dana 300. I have the one with the new input for the Dana 300 and you could easily do it yourself if you had a press to get the bearing on the new shaft

Eskimo

SILVER Star
Friend of mine has been running the JB one for a few years, but he's gentle on the pedal... he's happy with it though, and he's kinda anal about things.

woody

Staff member
Admin

I've got the ultra-short adapter from Sunray - no longer avail tho...

be sure what ever you get has a mount for the crossmember....Texican does a sweet setup that ties the trans mount and the adapter mount together...

mine does not, and likely contributed to my latest carnage....

on a GOOD note, I just got mine installed, filled and working....bellhousing to rear output flange is 36" and with my 100" wheelbase, my rear shaft is 25".

Expect a 2-piece front shaft to be needed, regardless...my front is 13" or so on the primary, with the front main shaft at 25-3/4"....1310 joint at the front putput, minitrucks on the main shaft.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom