Cylinder head cracked in 4 places on 2LTII (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i took off my cylinder head and its completely munted, it looks the previous moron drove for 50km with no coolant. The engine is kind of hard to get a hold of so im hoping to just replace the head and hope the block is fine. Would an 88 hilux head fit? the head looks the same but it has a rocker arm

Okay seems after reading a bit that this is relatively easy to do? Even though I don't live in a hot climate, my options seem to be buying a wrecker head or a Chinese one

That's such a shame. I was able to source a OEM late model 2LTE head in the USA, so they do exist. I haven't had a problem with mine since. I'd also trust a AMC cylinder head as well. There seem to be some in North America. It also looks like Roughtrax has had them in the past. Good luck with your search.

That's such a shame. I was able to source a OEM late model 2LTE head in the USA, so they do exist. I haven't had a problem with mine since. I'd also trust a AMC cylinder head as well. There seem to be some in North America. It also looks like Roughtrax has had them in the past. Good luck with your search.
Has anyone on the forum used a chinese head? I know its not an amazing idea but im also not expecting it to run for another 30 years

im a mechanic my self, china head is all depend from who u buy it from. i'm from malaysia we all use china head they last longer than the oem heads.
to be honest, now im working on a LJ78 2LT-E same issue head cracked with same solution. take it off put it in, less worn parts. but gaskets must be genuine one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom