Custom bumber lighting suggestions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings All - I'm finishing up a custom bumper for my '91 HZJ80, and am looking for some suggestions on lighting. I'd like to put fog lights on the bumper itself on either side of the winch, and driving or flood on the upper bar - see photos. Any suggestions on configuration and brand of lights are welcome. Thanks!
Nick Bruno
1991 HZJ80
1974 FJ40

HZJ80Bumper1.jpg

HZJ80Bumper2.jpg

HZJ80Bumper3.jpg

Bumper looks great...

I think I'd hang some Treks/Ridgids/etc. under the hoops in front of the headlights..no glare..protected..win/win..:beer:

Thanks! My friend and I are building this ... designing as we go along based of some nice examples from this post. There will be another horizontal bar in the center hoop about 2/3rd the way up that will have short "ears" that angle back toward the hood - were thinking to do maybe a 10" light bar on that horizontal, some floods on the ears that angle out sideways, and then as you say some rounds or squares under the small hoops. I'll post some more photos as we go along.

Thanks again for the advice!
Nick

I would just do a mixed spot/flood LED light bar right across the Toyota logo, as wide as will fit. Floodpods from the Feb group buy would fit just inside the downtube braces for really wide angle side light as would the single 10w floods, but they're a little more expensive and maybe not as wide-angle of a light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom