CSC random wheeling video thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think i could actually feel this happening on my LC during todays run. You can feel it grip/un-grip the disc brake. For what I'm doing for now, it serves its purpose well.

I found the 100 series locker verses ATRAC interesting. I was surprised to see the rear locker with open front diff beat the ATRAC. Front and rear locker was no surprise. I don't know enough about tires as to how much it effected this. Would be interesting what the 200 series with Crawl Control and meaty tires would do on this hill. It's going to be a long time before the price on those come down to a point I can and afford and would be willing to use it off road. I could see one of these in my future. Just need to down size to about four cruisers before I could even think about it.

Narrower section tires may help traction in the dusty dirt. I know that in what little crawling I've done my tires don't seem to slip nearly as much as others I watch - and one recent article suggests the same.

As for ATRAC vs lockers? I've found they each have their purpose, and there have been places where the ATRAC was a fail and a rocked rear end got me through/over the obstacle. Then again, crossing water (slippery rock under a floating truck) the ATRAC seems to fair better. Pretty certain I have never intentionally tried ATRAC+R.LOCK at the same time. After that hill climb video, I'll keep the option in mind.

if ive learned one thing from this group, its dont mash the gas pedal.

did that dude just hop out like it aint no thang?

That was pretty cool

Spring beak Mexico: Pelicans gone wild :eek:

A different kind of thrilling "off roading"

that video is a good example of "powering out" with the gas pedal can easily lead to mechanical carnage :flush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom