CSC January Meeting *Swap Meet* Agenda 1.20.2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
CSC January Meeting Agenda 1.20.2017

Swap meet & Meeting location - Camelback on 40th Street. (5141 North 40st Phoenix 85018) One block north of Camelback on the east side. A red slump block building

Google Maps <location map link

Starting time 7:30 PM

100 new CSC shirts should be available:clap:

Meeting agenda

• Introduction of first time guest
  • Introduction of new members
  • CSC busniess cards
  • CSC decals update
  • Run of the month – Recent details and previous reports
  • Up coming ROTM Details
  • New Business

Last edited:
Did we decide no-go on the swap meet for this meeting?

Asking as a first-time Cruiser owner and a noob to Mud, what is the difference/conflict of this meet-up to the one at Sonic in Tempe the same night?

Asking as a first-time Cruiser owner and a noob to Mud, what is the difference/conflict of this meet-up to the one at Sonic in Tempe the same night?

There will be no meeting at Sonic this month. The monthly meeting is moved to the new location for this month only due to the swap meet. This is our monthly meeting + swap meet event. Hope to see you there.

I left my owners manual at the Bartlett ROTM. I will be at the meeting on Friday. If you have it and are going, could you bring that with you? Thanks!

What are the plans if it is raining? My office parking lot has approximately 25 covered spaces, but if the rain is heavy, some of them hold water.

Park all the trucks with awnings together for more coverage.

I agree! Covered parking at all is better than what the normal option would be, just bring your galoshes.;)

No matter the weather, should I bring a couple of creepers, so that everyone has the opportunity to roll under my NTM rig and tell me what's wrong with it, and what it'll likely cost me to get it "baselined"? :bang::wrench::doh:

No matter the weather, should I bring a couple of creepers, so that everyone has the opportunity to roll under my NTM rig and tell me what's wrong with it, and what it'll likely cost me to get it "baselined"? :bang::wrench::doh:

Is it doing something it is not supposed to do, or not doing something it ?should

Is it doing something it is not supposed to do, or not doing something it ?should
Long-winded answer:
Thank you for asking.
I don't have a point of reference of how this vehicle should handle, feel, or sound. I knew it was heavy and slow when I bought it, but have been assured it's a "tank".
After having a trusted mechanic replace catastrophically failed front end parts (driver-side axle and all the stuff it took out when it failed) a few months ago, I don't trust the way it feels/sounds right now as my DD.
I wasn't actually shopping for a 25 year old vehicle to replace my 23 year old sedan when I bought this Cruiser, but I was looking for a reliable and durable camping, off-roading, and easy "project" vehicle I could maintain and "build" with my son that I know he would eventually inherit.
From that standpoint, I'm not regretting the purchase. But I'm really looking forward to getting feedback and opinions from some experienced and knowledgeable Cruiser heads to tell me what I actually have now, what I need to address to make it safe, sturdy, and balanced.
I've been on this forum long enough to have a list of "dream mods" longer than I'll likely ever achieve, but I need function/safety first. I'm too old to want to make it an extreme machine, I just want to avoid replacing lots of parts due to not knowing when I needed to replace a few parts.

Long-winded answer:
Thank you for asking.
I don't have a point of reference of how this vehicle should handle, feel, or sound. I knew it was heavy and slow when I bought it, but have been assured it's a "tank".
After having a trusted mechanic replace catastrophically failed front end parts (driver-side axle and all the stuff it took out when it failed) a few months ago, I don't trust the way it feels/sounds right now as my DD.
I wasn't actually shopping for a 25 year old vehicle to replace my 23 year old sedan when I bought this Cruiser, but I was looking for a reliable and durable camping, off-roading, and easy "project" vehicle I could maintain and "build" with my son that I know he would eventually inherit.
From that standpoint, I'm not regretting the purchase. But I'm really looking forward to getting feedback and opinions from some experienced and knowledgeable Cruiser heads to tell me what I actually have now, what I need to address to make it safe, sturdy, and balanced.
I've been on this forum long enough to have a list of "dream mods" longer than I'll likely ever achieve, but I need function/safety first. I'm too old to want to make it an extreme machine, I just want to avoid replacing lots of parts due to not knowing when I needed to replace a few parts.

Yup bring a creeper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom