CSC Chat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Abigail , did you get your new bumpers? Post up some pictures.

I did! Very happy with them. :love: I have no close up action shots, although I did go out twice last weekend... Photography was discouraged by the constant rain. I spent a good couple hours yesterday removing all the mud, so if there's still decent daylight when I get home tonight I'll try to snap a few glamour pics to post.:cool: We'll see!

I did! Very happy with them. :love: I have no close up action shots, although I did go out twice last weekend... Photography was discouraged by the constant rain. I spent a good couple hours yesterday removing all the mud, so if there's still decent daylight when I get home tonight I'll try to snap a few glamour pics to post.:cool: We'll see!

Mud is good for pictures.................when its on your Land Cruiser:grinpimp:

Mud is good for pictures.................when its on your Land Cruiser:grinpimp:

Love a good muddy action shot, but 7 days later in my driveway starts to make me look a bit lazy. :banana:

Happy new year CSC'rs.

Anyone watching this series on Youtube? Project Binky. Anyone who enjoys metal fabrication will love it. They take a 1980 Austin Mini 1000 and shove an all-wheel drive Toyota Celica GT Four 2.0L turbocharged drivetrain in it!

What I thought would be a silly British hack job has turned into metal fab heaven. These guys are really good. It is way more satisfying to see people make the parts and even the tools they need for a project rather than having a truckload of new parts show up and bolt it all on a car like most shows.

Project Binky

Enjoy!

Anyone else notice Fiat appears to have done the same thing to their diesels VW did to get them to pass emissions in the US? This type of thing keeps happening probably never see a Toyota here with a diesel engine.

Anyone else notice Fiat appears to have done the same thing to their diesels VW did to get them to pass emissions in the US? This type of thing keeps happening probably never see a Toyota here with a diesel engine.

You wont from what I hear from Toyota. They can make the diesels pass emissions but with $3000 additional cost per unit of expensive traps, filters and catalysts in the exhaust system, I puts them out of reach - hence the cheating. Computer reprogramming is a little cheaper :rolleyes:

With diesel bans being considered in major European cities due to being a "dirty" particulate emitting fuel, it is looked at as a old-technology and Toyota is more interested in newer gas technologies, hybrid, and hydrogen vehicles.

You wont from what I hear from Toyota. They can make the diesels pass emissions but with $3000 additional cost per unit of expensive traps, filters and catalysts in the exhaust system, I puts them out of reach - hence the cheating. Computer reprogramming is a little cheaper :rolleyes:

With diesel bans being considered in major European cities due to being a "dirty" particulate emitting fuel, it is looked at as a old-technology and Toyota is more interested in newer gas technologies, hybrid, and hydrogen vehicles.

Tell them to work on those newer gas technologies in a 70 series! :D ...Or they could just put regular USA-OK tech in them, I'd be OK with either option!

Last edited:
Came across this email in my inbox today. :hillbilly: Where do I send my money?

I apologize for getting in touch with you in this unsolicited manner but I do have a proposition that I would like to discuss with you. I have certain funds that need to be moved out of Ghana immediately. I am looking to partner with somebody to assist me in this. Please note that it is not criminal in any way, nor will either of us be breaking any laws. I am willing to handsomely compensate you for your assistance.

Regards,

Al-Amin Dagash
:poof:

nothing hinky here....:slap:

Come on man!!! Get an original scam Mr. Dagash(alias)!

Came across this email in my inbox today. :hillbilly: Where do I send my money?

I apologize for getting in touch with you in this unsolicited manner but I do have a proposition that I would like to discuss with you. I have certain funds that need to be moved out of Ghana immediately. I am looking to partner with somebody to assist me in this. Please note that it is not criminal in any way, nor will either of us be breaking any laws. I am willing to handsomely compensate you for your assistance.

Regards,

Al-Amin Dagash
:poof:

nothing hinky here....:slap:

They say there is one born every minute, but I can't imagine anyone falling for this type of scam. However, I watched a talk show the other day and it had a dude (well educated man) that was sending people like this money for years. WTH?!

They should go back to the "I have some cheap land in Florida to sell you, SOUTH Florida, it just has a tiny drainage problem" .

Al-Amin needs to be sent a box of dog turds.. If you can get a return addy I will be more than happy to supply a fresh product, provide recipes, and pay for postage.

I will say it looks like a real clean truck with attention to detail.
Esp since it comes with its own Wench. ;)

It is a very clean truck but think the rebuilt title hurts the value. The pre-81 FJ40s really no to trace the history and was possible to wash a title in states that don't issue titles to older vehicles. But this will always carry a rebuilt title in it's history. I'm not sure I like the new style ARB bull bar on the 60 series. The headlights look to low. Not sure if it's because I have a older bull bar on my FJ62 or the narrower headlights but they looked centered compared to this one.

I noticed the bull bar as well, weird. As if they moved the brackets up to accommodate something?

This one is interesting...FJ60 EFI on a small block? Among other things.

1976 FJ40 For Sale

That looks like Raul that was posted in CSC forum before.

forum.ih8mud.com/az-copper-state-cruisers/612037-jamies-76-fj40-project.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom