Cruiser neophyte (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If that one doesnt cure what ails ya dont drop the fuel tank I would have to check in mine but i know in the 62 series there is an acess panel under the rear floor coarpet for the pump. dollars to donuts cman is on spot on the efi relay issue. definitely try that first.
Dave

Thanks guys.
I'll since it is cheap, I'll try the relay deal before I call the tow truck. These things always seem to happen 60+ miles from home ???
Only thing about it is that it would run with me pouring fuel down the pipe, so I have ignition.
This seems to be an off/on condition so I don't see how the fuel filter is the cause, but I'm sure it won't hurt to change it.

A few months back, the truck did the same thing for my friend and it turned out to be the AFM that time.
I just spent a month chasing electrical gremlins in my Zuki outboard. These seem to the most frustrating problems.

[quote author=cruiserman link=board=2;threadid=5621;start=msg45712#msg45712 date=1064802069]
Standard EFI relay defect showing itself.
[/quote]

Yep, sounds as such, many, many here have the EFI relay with this very problem, when it's nice and cool it seems to work, when at temperature it just won't engage. Autozone sells a replacement for about $11.

Recently posted to 80scool:

Date: Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:32 am
Subject: v-8 conversion 4 sale

I have a 1991 LC I was planing on doing a v-8 conversion on but I
rolled it last spring and decided not to put any more money into it.
I have a 4l60e transmission newly rebuilt, beefed up and modified to
work with the transfer case adapted that I purchased from Alan
Podvin. I would like to sell both these pieces as a kit to someone.
It will include the 4l60e transmission, torque converter,
transmission to transfer case adapter, tach adapter, and all the
other misc parts I have for the v-8 swap. I have about $2300 into
these parts and will sell to whoever makes the best offer. Also if
the purchaser is interested in haveing the 2wd transfer case
conversion, I would be willing (for a small fee) to swap my modified
2wd transfer case for there stock 4wd TC. Now that my 1991 LC is
rolled I don't have allot of interest anymore in useing it as my
daily driver. if interested email me offline
ethan

I just tried the EFI Main relay (the one on the left front fender), but that wasn't it. In fact, I jumpered the two contacts just to be sure. Looks like somebody has already added two fused 12GA wires to the power bus in the box as
well as an extra ground. I called my friend who just sold me the truck and he said the fuel pump was just done.
I think I'm just gonna send it back to the guy who just did the fuel pump and AFM since he's probably already been through half the troubleshoot checklist.
I appreciate the help guys. I'm probably gonna need some more with this thing. I haven't seen a truck with as many electrical gremlins since a Range Rover. A 350 conversion is starting to sound nice about now.

Turned out to be the fuel pump connector that would keep it from running when hot.
A bad open circuit relay (one by left foot) that kept it from starting the second time.

I think I'm gonna add every damn relay there is to my emergency kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom