Cruiser Moab 2016 Trip Report (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Going again next year. Anyone keen on going send me a PM and we'll figure it out

Well, I missed this year due to extenuating circumstances, but i've got a new Cruiser now so time to start planning for next year!

Great photos!! Drooling already at my upcoming trip, I recognize a few of those spots from previous trips, no 2 are ever alike!

Great photos!! Drooling already at my upcoming trip, I recognize a few of those spots from previous trips, no 2 are ever alike!

You'll have to update us.

20160506_190104_zpszfsnxnrt.jpg

Next year I’m booking a longer time and I intend to go back annually for as long as I can. We intend to Drive Highway 12 and camp in Capitol Reef and slowly make our way home.

Great pictures and story, thanks!

Any idea who owns this truck? ^^ I'd love to learn more about it. Looks like a real combo of cruiser parts. Prado coil front, leafs in rear, and a 75 or 79 cab on it? Wonder what engine? I like it.

Great pictures and story, thanks!

Any idea who owns this truck? ^^ I'd love to learn more about it. Looks like a real combo of cruiser parts. Prado coil front, leafs in rear, and a 75 or 79 cab on it? Wonder what engine? I like it.

It's a French fellow who did the camper conversion and has a company that does it. The 10 Coolest Adventure Rigs I should have taken notes...damned if I remember all that he mentioned (year and engine) when we chatted in the parking lot. But it's the light duty version...not heavy duty.

gb

EDIT...article says 1996.

It's a French fellow who did the camper conversion and has a company that does it. The 10 Coolest Adventure Rigs I should have taken notes...damned if I remember all that he mentioned (year and engine) when we chatted in the parking lot. But it's the light duty version...not heavy duty.

gb

EDIT...article says 1996.

Thanks for the link! That led me to their facebook page where they have a bunch of pictures of the build. Looks like they bobbed a KZJ78, extended the frame and put the camper on the back with some leaf springs changed out for the coils (rear). Cartech - Ce n'est pas parce que CARTECH n'est plus en... | Facebook

You would need a good pole saw with that one - super high.

To get at the bikes, he had bolted climbing gym perches to the side of the camper body!

Great write up of a great trip and I'm honored to be pictured in it. Cruise Moab 2017 will be the 20th Anniversary of the event and it promises to be a great one. The Cruise Moab Committee usually fires up around September to start planning the following year's event but everyone is excited about the 20th anniversary and plans are already being made to improve an already great event. See you there!

wild horses and all that! Looking forward to it

Wicked adventure.....

Maybe next year for me...

[QUOTE="gofast, post: 10394528, member: 24378"

20160506_190104_zpszfsnxnrt.jpg

20160506_190120_zps7xdyyzty.jpg

This truck is in town. I was doing an after midnight run on my shinny new 2015 Road Glide Special and found it camped in the Porteau Cove Parking lot last night. I tagged it with a Coastal Cruisers business card :hillbilly: Anyone digitally connected should send them a hello to see how long they are in town for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom