CruiseMoab 2012 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

boydmick

RIP My Friend
SILVER Star
Threads
Follow along as Bubba and I head out to CruiseMoab!

Cruise Moab 2012

I'll post picks when I can.

Good luck and have fun!

Looks like a looooong night of driving.

Made it safe and sound.

image-824566688.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

image-824566688.jpg

And yes, it was a long drive.

I'm glad I went at night. I don't know what the traffic would have been like with all the road work going on.

Wonderdog above Hells Gate (which we can't run
:eerg)

image-2414407239.jpg

image-2414407239.jpg

Why not?
Nice pic of Bubba.

The permit for organized trail runs excludes the use of Hells Gate, The Escalator and the hot tubs. If I go in on my own I can use them. They are trying to get it changed but don't see it happening soon.

Back from Moab. 13 hours of seat time. Epic, awesome trip. Will get some pics up soon too.

Just made it home. Stopped in my favorite town in Utah for a shirt:

image-2961510819.jpg

Every year I see this old road off of the 70 that has an old tunnel carved through the rock. I took the time this year to figure out how to find it.

After 9 years of wondering I discovered not one, but two short tunnels cut through rock.

image-2133789831.jpg

image-2133789831.jpg

LOL - I know exactly where that tunnel is along I-70!

How's the front diff doing? Glad you are home safe!

LOL - I know exactly where that tunnel is along I-70!

How's the front diff doing? Glad you are home safe!

Front diff needs a new gasket. I need to pull the knuckles and axles, drop the driveshaft and 3rd member to install a new gasket:mad::mad:

I should get to it next week. It will probably take me the better part of a day to fix it.

I also lost cruise control on the way home. Need to replace the cable.

At least I didn't break an axle and have to drive all over the place to find wheel bearings:D

UGH!! I'd come up and help if I wasn't down in Chile all of next week! What a PITA to replace one gasket.

You sure it's the cable or just dirty contacts to the cruise control? Mine lets loose on any uphill struggle. If the cable isn't broken, take the cover off the control box in the engine bay and 'exercise' the toggle arm there a dozen times or so to clean the contacts off.

For about a month the cruise control has been wonky. Seems to over correct the speed, constantly hunting - fast - slow - fast - slow.

Randomly pulled the cover off in Moab. The cable shroud end was broken at the bracket and the cable (still attached) was drooping down. As the actuator tried to control the speed, the car would get pulled tight and flop up. The speed would change and the system would try to compensate. Then it would flop again and try to adjust.

Eventually the cable frayed and a couple of strands started sticking in the shroud causing the idle to climb - and my speed to climb.

I finally cut the cable in Lenwood and finished the drive without cruise control.

So, long story short- I need a new cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom