Cranks, Runs, Dies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PS. I recommend fabricating an idler pulley. I gutted the old smog pump and used it for ahwile till it siezed on the freeway. $pecter OR made an idler pulley which is over priced. I have an extra if you want it. I also have the rusty split header you gave me awhile back. Greg welded the egr pipe for me. Be sure to get the intake/exhaust ports surfaced and use the right gasket(remflex--ask greg) or you will be chasing vacumn leaks.

Last edited:
Did yall get it going or just drink a bunch of beer?

how much is a propane kit?

Don't know what a new kit runs, but here's one over in the classifieds...

https://forum.ih8mud.com/sale-parts/290930-fj60-parts-2f-parts-tranny-transfer-case-sale.html

"Got Propane" adapter for the 2F motor with the weber adapters $150 (new)

attachment.php

how much is a propane kit?

I am gonna try to piece one together from old forklift parts. Gotpropane sells one for $875.

Did yall get it going or just drink a bunch of beer?

Just drank beer. I had already dropped the tank before everyone got to the house. The tank is nasty, sending unit is nasty, lines are nasty.

Don't know what a new kit runs, but here's one over in the classifieds...

https://forum.ih8mud.com/sale-parts/290930-fj60-parts-2f-parts-tranny-transfer-case-sale.html

"Got Propane" adapter for the 2F motor with the weber adapters $150 (new)

attachment.php

Thanks Cam, I sent him a PM to see what all he is selling but I don't think it's an entire kit.

Mini thread hijack: what's the advantage of propane? Is it cheaper? What are the drawbacks?

I don't think the discussion of alternative fuels could be considered a "mini" hijack but here is a quick answer to your questions.

The advantage for me is for offraod use. Propane works well at all engine angles. It has an effective octane rating of 110ish(not a big advantage for a 2F). It is also very easy to tune and doesn't go bad. If you live in a communist smog state it can help you pass emissions as it burns super clean.

You lose range and it can be difficult to find. Also if you don't have hardened valve seats(I think all 2F's do) it can eventually lead to head problems.

The price is about a wash.

There are some serious tax credits too ($4000) but I'm not sure if they apply to a used vehicle or a conversion done by the end user.

Not yet. May flip it, may build it.

Building a 60 to wheel is expensive. Get one with auto and fuel injection......

yeah, because 62's are cheap to build.;)

I was thinking the same thing about the 80

You have an argument with the 80, not with a 62.

Been there, done that.

Are you scared of the mileage on that truck? It's got lockers right? Throw some springs and tires on it. You should be able to sell the "new" stock springs to someone.

Del's truck will wheel fo sho!
PA070907.jpg
PA070918.jpg