Cracked Rear Locker Housing - Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Blue77FJ40

SILVER Star
Threads
I mounted a rear electric locker for an FJ80 in the front of my FJ40. At the ECPR I cracked the housing that holds the motor and lock/unlock assembly on the side of the locker. Does anyone have this housing part they would sell to me?

Also, how would I repair it? Can the housing thingie be removed and replaced with the diff in place? All recommendations greatly appreciated.
Cracked.jpg
Cracked2.jpg

Call Cristo.....

I had this same thing happen from my own stupidity....:rolleyes: Anyways I sourced a used one from cruiserparts.net Was I htink $200 or less, can't remember and it worked perfectly.

you can't buy ANY parts for these...and most won't have them. Cdan price is like $600 bills...i doubt christo will have any as they don't usually keep just that part, but you can try.

You *could* try to make sure it's sealed good, the use like a spacer/oversize washer type thing to hold the bottom type, unless it's totally cracked all around the back...then you are SOL...

****edit****

yes you can remove/replace it all. Just take the sensor off, and that cover and you'll see the bolt for the arm...

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=89276 here's my post sorta detailing that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom