1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cracked Rear Locker Housing - Help

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Blue77FJ40, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Blue77FJ40

Blue77FJ40 SILVER Star

I mounted a rear electric locker for an FJ80 in the front of my FJ40. At the ECPR I cracked the housing that holds the motor and lock/unlock assembly on the side of the locker. Does anyone have this housing part they would sell to me?

Also, how would I repair it? Can the housing thingie be removed and replaced with the diff in place? All recommendations greatly appreciated.
    Cracked.jpg Cracked2.jpg

2. 80jay

80jay

You can try pull it back out and welding it... maybe?

3. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    Call Cristo.....

4. FJBen

FJBen

Media:
    Albums:
    I had this same thing happen from my own stupidity....:rolleyes: Anyways I sourced a used one from cruiserparts.net Was I htink $200 or less, can't remember and it worked perfectly.

you can't buy ANY parts for these...and most won't have them. Cdan price is like $600 bills...i doubt christo will have any as they don't usually keep just that part, but you can try.

You *could* try to make sure it's sealed good, the use like a spacer/oversize washer type thing to hold the bottom type, unless it's totally cracked all around the back...then you are SOL...

****edit****

yes you can remove/replace it all. Just take the sensor off, and that cover and you'll see the bolt for the arm...

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=89276 here's my post sorta detailing that...

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">