Couple questions for the engine rebuilders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well it's time for new pistons and a bore from those pics. The crank is going to need work and you might as well have it balanced while it's in the shop.
The number on the big end caps and rod is for the caps going back on the right way. My 12ht had the same numbers stamped on the rods.

Well it's time for new pistons and a bore from those pics. The crank is going to need work and you might as well have it balanced while it's in the shop.
The number on the big end caps and rod is for the caps going back on the right way. My 12ht had the same numbers stamped on the rods.
Thanks for the feedback. I have two other bottom ends I will pull pistons out of and maybe find 4 in good condition. Re sleeve, bore and should be like new again. I will also inspect and mic my other crankshaft as may be less headache than trying to fix this one.

As for the stamped numbers on the caps and rods, why would someone stamp different numbers on a matching set? I get the orientation aspect, but for the life of me cant think of any reason for the numbers to be missmatched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom