Couple days left to buy a Baofeng Radio before they are banned. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just an FYI there is only a couple more days left before the Baofeng radios are banned for sale in the US.

More info below:

Maybe some of you guys have some good input.

Anytime the government want to ban something, I am usually like...’I want one’.

Joe

Just an FYI there is only a couple more days left before the Baofeng radios are banned for sale in the US.

More info below:

Maybe some of you guys have some good input.

Anytime the government want to ban something, I am usually like...’I want one’.

Joe

What is special about this radio?

interesting. thanks for the heads up. I have 2 and 1 has had some issues, so I was looking at getting another. I just ordered 2 tri powers. :clap:

the issue is they can transmit on FRS frequencies above the max watts of 1 watt. at least I thinks that's what is the main issue.

I think the main issue is that these radios are allowing accidental transmitting into the EMS and other public safety freqs. I'm hearing that these freqs aren't blocked in the radios vs most "reputable" radios don't allow you to transmit or receive. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

I think the main issue is that these radios are allowing accidental transmitting into the EMS and other public safety freqs. I'm hearing that these freqs aren't blocked in the radios vs most "reputable" radios don't allow you to transmit or receive. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

Ash - I think you are correct. When I was using a "Ham" Baofeng radio, I was able to transmit and receive on Search and Rescue frequencies when I should not have been able to do that. On my Yaesu mobile ham, I can listen in (receive), but not transmit on those frequencies. We typically use 155.160 in NM.

To be able to transmit on the SAR frequencies and other public safety frequencies, you need to buy a special "commercial" radio, also known as FCC Part 90 compliant. These radios allow the public safety frequencies along with some Ham frequencies. They are a little more expensive than a Ham radio, but not that much more.

Well they are still available on Amazon as of tonight....

I just got my BF-F8HP so now I've got an extra 3 watts of power over my other Boafeng for a whopping 8 watts.

Well they are still available on Amazon as of tonight....

I just got my BF-F8HP so now I've got an extra 3 watts of power over my other Boafeng for a whopping 8 watts.
I got the same one! I don’t know,I figured they would be off by now...IDK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom