Costco Tire’s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m gonna grab a set of 285/75/16 BFG all terrains from costco (only $876!) and I assume they have good service but I was wondering if anyone else has gotten their tires from them and their experience.

Yes, one of the best service. Warranty and tire rotation included when I got tires for my car, double check that. Only issue that I can mention is, wait time depending on the location closer to you.

I’m gonna grab a set of 285/75/16 BFG all terrains from costco (only $876!) and I assume they have good service but I was wondering if anyone else has gotten their tires from them and their experience.

Make sure that your local Costco will mount that size tire. Mine wouldn’t mount them because they said they were too large on my 100.

Other than that Costco has great tire service.

Never bought tires from Costco but heard good things.

My favorite tire buying method is www.discounttiredirect.com/ - they seem to have the best prices that I've seen. They ship them free to your house then any America's Tire or Discount Tire will install them for very little with their normal warranty / free rotations and balancing.

Never bought tires from Costco but heard good things.

My favorite tire buying method is www.discounttiredirect.com/ - they seem to have the best prices that I've seen. They ship them free to your house then any America's Tire or Discount Tire will install them for very little with their normal warranty / free rotations and balancing.
Ill check it out but I cant imagine it being cheaper than $860 for mounted BFGs haha. I’m going to pick check out my new LX friday so will order them next week probably. Bit nervous about the AHC graduation test though

Ill check it out but I cant imagine it being cheaper than $860 for mounted BFGs haha. I’m going to pick check out my new LX friday so will order them next week probably. Bit nervous about the AHC graduation test though

What's wrong with your AHC?

What's wrong with your AHC?
Well, I’m going to look at an LX this weekend and sent the owner the instructions for the graduation test in the AHC reservoir. He doesn’t really know what he’s doing but he said “it’s really hard to see the levels but doesn’t look like it moved much”. So he probably did it wrong but now I’m thinking ok globes are shot and need replacing. I’m hoping I’m just being paranoid but I’ll see when I get down there

Well, I’m going to look at an LX this weekend and sent the owner the instructions for the graduation test in the AHC reservoir. He doesn’t really know what he’s doing but he said “it’s really hard to see the levels but doesn’t look like it moved much”. So he probably did it wrong but now I’m thinking ok globes are shot and need replacing. I’m hoping I’m just being paranoid but I’ll see when I get down there

How many miles?

These systems are pretty robust as long as no one put the wrong fluid in there. I would err on the side of assuming it's fine.

My 2000 LX has 232k on the clock and the system still works great.

Start by replacing the AHC fluid before going and buying globes or anything.

How many miles?

These systems are pretty robust as long as no one put the wrong fluid in there. I would err on the side of assuming it's fine.

My 2000 LX has 232k on the clock and the system still works great.

Start by replacing the AHC fluid before going and buying globes or anything.
242k, i asked him if he's ever flushed the system and he said doubtful because he doesn't know what AHC is haha

242k, i asked him if he's ever flushed the system and he said doubtful because he doesn't know what AHC is haha

Yeah pretty typical. If it has the original fluid in it then I would assume it's fine

If the car doesn't ride like crap, and everything else checks out then buy it, change the AHC fluid, then adjust the torsion bars to maximize the longevity of the system. Should last a long time if cared for.

This is all assuming a rust free rig. Rust can change things.

Yeah pretty typical. If it has the original fluid in it then I would assume it's fine

If the car doesn't ride like crap, and everything else checks out then buy it, change the AHC fluid, then adjust the torsion bars to maximize the longevity of the system. Should last a long time if cared for.

This is all assuming a rust free rig. Rust can change things.
russsttttt freeeee, finally.

Used to run the Costco tire shop here. We were constantly being trained and updated by Michelin reps. Sent us all to "Tire University" for two weeks at Michelin factory. As mentioned above-- check wait time even back in the day we were mounting 900 - 1000 tires a week. Also if official guide book says tire is not proper fit Costco will not mount

Did you ever get the tires from Costco?

Hopefully your experience is good.

My experience was frustrating. A few years ago, I ordered a set of 255/70R18 Michelin's for my LX470 through Costco's online ordering tool. The tires came in to our local store and I brought my truck in to get them mounted and balanced. The shop had mounted and balanced them and I was just about ready to get the keys back, when the tire manager came in and said he could not let me leave with those tires on my truck because they were greater than 5% over the stock tire size. I attempted to protest it, but to no avail. They took the new tires off and mounted my old tires back on, then ordered a size (265/65R18) that was within their 5% threshold. I came back a week later and did it again. The new tires were more expensive and Costco ate all the additional costs. I probably will not have Costco install tires on my LX again. Any other vehicle, yes. Its hard to beat there tire deal.

Discount tire will price match Costco, FYI. I just got stock 275/60r18 Michelin defenders mounted and balanced for $870 or so out the door with almost no waiting. They also have no 5% rule at my store, not that it applied in my case.

Well, I bought 4 285/65R18 KM3s at Costco to put on my 2013. All was well until they refused to install them because they exceed the factory tires by 3.56% in height. Their strict limit is 3% at the Jacksonville 4901 Gate Pkwy store.

Last edited:
Well, I bought 4 285/65R18 KM3s at Costco to put on my 2013. All was well until they refused to install them because they exceed the factory tires by 3.56% in height. Their strict limit is 3% at the Jacksonville 4901 Gate Pkwy store.

I feel your pain.

they have those free rotation deals too, but in my experience, the wait was often too long to make it worthwhile, even with shopping while waiting.
And yes, also had those refusals cuz too big for the truck. But I suspect if you bring wheels alone -without the truck- that would be fine. A bit more work though.

they have those free rotation deals too, but in my experience, the wait was often too long to make it worthwhile, even with shopping while waiting.
And yes, also had those refusals cuz too big for the truck. But I suspect if you bring wheels alone -without the truck- that would be fine. A bit more work though.

100% agree...as great as the free rotation is, they don't move fast enough in the tire center that typically once I get down with my lazy shopping trip I still end up waiting a while they finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom