Cooper Discoverer AT (Walmart.com) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve been looking for a good deal on a set of AT tires to hold me through for a year until I can lift and outfit our 2019 Sequoia TRD Sport.

I happened upon the Cooper Discoverer AT on Walmart.com

After speaking with an informative customer service rep from Cooper Tires, who assured me they’re the old AT3 just rebranded as the AT and sold exclusively through WalMart, I moved forward and ordered a set of 4. 275 55 20 size

Here’s the best part: $124.00 a tire!!

Initial impressions were good, the tread is perfect for my needs: a mild AT with EXCELLENT rain traction, solid road manners & the ability to provide better traction than the factory supplied Dueler HL Alenzas.

These fit the bill in the rain, that’s for sure! We’ve had about 6” of rain this week and the tires perform flawlessly. No hydroplaning at normal highway speeds. Acceleration & braking in the rain are IMO improved from the Duelers.

I do have a balance issue, so I’ll be visiting Walmart again to have them rebalance the tires. If that doesn’t work, I’m headed to Discount Tire for a roadforce balance.

Will update this thread as things progress

A086F44C-0EC8-4041-9537-BFB614782AAB.jpeg

328EEDFE-6CCD-4A5E-9C78-FF6557A89263.jpeg

5k mile Update:

Balance issue fixed. Walmart techs aren’t the best but I found a good one and the tires balanced with 0 issues. Took me 4 trips though

Best rain tires I’ve ever run. These things cut water like aquatreads. Impressive.

Had them in a muddy field and didn’t get stuck. They found the bottom of the ruts and pulled with 0 issues. Mixed sand /clay.

For the price of entry there isn’t a better AT that I’m aware of.

Have had a couple sets of Adventurers (Pep Boys version) on my 4Runner and been very pleased.

Shopping for the 100 right now and these are tempting but I'd lose an inch and a quarter of diameter stepping down to 265/75 from 285/75...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom