Coolant leak from Water pump side? Also losing coolant after TB install. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

Folk I noticed a small coolant leak from what I think is the water pump side on the right side where the coolant hose/thermometer housing sit. You can clearly see the pink dried coolant.. I did do my Timing belt only a 1000 miles ago. And did notice filling up the coolant with at least half a gallon. Thinking it may have just needed a burp I thought nothing of it. But now that I see this leak. I wonder if this cause my coolant leaking issues. What would be the main places for coolant leak after timing belt install? BTW I have no major indication of coolant leak.. just spotted this one as you see in the pictures.

Also how would I fix this? it is as easy as draining the coolant removing this section out? looks like it has some screws holding it in with FIPG gasket on it. I dont recall the need to redo this while doing the Timing belt.. so I didnt so anything to this section.

1648781265219.png

1648781301814.png

FYI below is NOT MY LC.. just giving you an idea of where I found the leak.
1648781613615.png

Last edited:
Just like what you state, drain coolant, remove two 10 mm bolts located on the side, clean surface, FIPG (toyota is the best) and reinstall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom