Coolant Leak from Turbo, 12H-T (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Mud,
I've got a leak of what appears to be coolant from a small pipe attached to my turbo. I have no clue what to call it, what to search for, and can't seem to find it in photos of others 12H-T Turbos.
What is it called?
What would you do to repair this, assuming this piece is no longer available?
Time for a GTurbo Green Wheel? Haha
Thanks!

PXL_20210410_005228346.jpg

Look in the little box 12HT Looks like it might have the line you are referring to.

That diagram does have what appears to be the right pipe. Bad news for me, it's discontinued.
I have a couple of buddies that may be able to help me out with this locally, but anyone have other recommendations?

It seems it is the one which drains the coolant towards the main coolant drain point.
Undo the part you see there with the tap on it , heat it to get the rusty pipe out and braze a new one in - do the same on the other end where it's attached to the turbo.

well done! after seeing the photo you posted, I was about to warn you that the scale of the rust scaling looks like a deal breaker in photos if you try to remove anything, better have replacements ready.

Nicely repaired! Lucky to have someone do that for you. When I replaced my turbo last winter
I pulled that pipe. Was concerned about its condition but mine was alright.
BTW, when thinking of turbo upgrade - I have a GTurbo and it’s wicked cool.
BUT take a hard look at WINK in Germany. They have superb customer support and they dial
their turbo in for your needs and it’s a completely stock fit. I know of three guys with Wink turbos.
PDI out of Australia has the best front intercooler.
My build thread is below

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom