Conversion Kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone. i couldn’t find an answer anywhere so i just made an account and figured i could ask here. the AHC on my 2001 lx470 gave out so i got a suspension conversion kit. i replaced the rear springs and shocks and the front shocks. but now the front is sitting significantly lower than the back. mechanic told me i need to wait for the new springs to settle but i don’t think that’s the case. would i need to have the torsion bars replaced as well? everytime i go over a bump the front tires hit the wheel wells.

If you have a working AHC pump, I believe @BullElk may be interested in it.

Yes. The torsion bars for AHC equipped LX's are not the same as a non AHC LC. The AHC takes loading in the "shocks", in a traditional set up, the TB takes all of the loading and the shock is just a shock. You'll need to replace the torsion bars with either a stock non AHC LC or something aftermarket.

Yes. The torsion bars for AHC equipped LX's are not the same as a non AHC LC. The AHC takes loading in the "shocks", in a traditional set up, the TB takes all of the loading and the shock is just a shock. You'll need to replace the torsion bars with either a stock non AHC LC or something aftermarket.
ok i understand now. appreciate it

Yes, the LX torsion bars aren't meant to hold up the full weight of the front end without the AHC. You'll need oem LC torsion bars or aftermarket (OME, ironman, etc.).
have another question. took the car to the mechanic and he looked at it and said i need to get the anchors and the adjusting bolt for it as well due to it being very badly rusted. where would i find that. can’t seem to find it anywhere

I think the part # for the anchors are in this thread:

Check PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World for good diagrams with part#'s for the bolts.

Yes, the LX torsion bars aren't meant to hold up the full weight of the front end without the AHC. You'll need oem LC torsion bars or aftermarket (OME, ironman, etc.).
have another question. took the car to the mechanic and he looked at it and said i need to get the anchors for it as well.
I think the part # for the anchors are in this thread:

Check PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World for good diagrams with part#'s for the bolts.
and i’m guessing the LC adjuster will fit lx470 right?

Yep same part numbers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom