Compression and Leak Down Test (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I found the comment “he builds engines for a living, what does he know” to be very snarky.

I also build engines for a living, 1FZFE’s, 1HDT’s, 1HDFT’s, 1HDFTE’s and more. I know very little about other vehicles besides Land Cruisers, that’s why we only work on Land Cruisers in my shop.

The snarky comments make me not want to contribute, offer advice or assistance. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Cheer

Yeah, it was snarky which was due to some of my frustration with posting videos on this section of the forum. I contribute to many forums and Toyota Enthusiast Facebook pages and I've experienced the most attitude right here. Why, I don't know. I'm just trying to post videos I think will help people out. Maybe it's because I'm the new guy and I need to be put in my place. I never try to portray myself as some sort of expert. I'm just a guy who takes time to document maintenance, repair and modification videos to benefit others. Maybe your comment and some others on this thread I deserved. Like I said, there is a thing called tact and some guys contributing need to find some. It's possible to get your point across and give somebody some constructive criticism without coming across as an a-hole. I believe this forum could be a wealth of knowledge for me moving forward, but if it comes at the price of getting attitude every time I post a video, it's not worth it to me.

The guy I know who builds engines for a living only works only on Toyotas as well but he does more than Land Cruiser engines.

I found the comment “he builds engines for a living, what does he know” to be very snarky.

I also build engines for a living, 1FZFE’s, 1HDT’s, 1HDFT’s, 1HDFTE’s and more. I know very little about other vehicles besides Land Cruisers, that’s why we only work on Land Cruisers in my shop.

The snarky comments make me not want to contribute, offer advice or assistance. 🤷🏼‍♂️

^^^^^

Is what prompted my response to begin with, not so much any content in the video.

But I believe we are past that now and have an understanding.

I chalk it up to a person having a 'bad day'. We all have those sometimes.

So we forge ahead and see what comes of it. I believe Tim can contribute something valuable here....in that he is willing to make the effort to do videos which can be helpful in both content and format (I am a visual learner myself).

If there are any character/personality flaws they will soon be sorted out.

I have found this site and its members to be very helpful and considerate of one another. Most of us are here to learn. I can assure all....that, that is why I am here. I am ever the student, not the teacher....lest anyone level the 'know-it-all' charge.

Last edited:
@Timmy65 - Do you remember a strong smell of fuel when doing the compression test? I had the pedal to the floor and thought the computer would think the engine is already flooded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom