Complete Build Thread 77 BJ40. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey thanks! Some of the panels are new.
Glad you like the color. Sorry about your gloss, is that normal for good paint??

Proud owner of Beast. 77 BJ40

....Sorry about your gloss, is that normal for good paint??

I think so .... particularly when a vehicle spends 100% of its life outside in the weather.

I could bring the gloss back by polishing .... but that just takes off a surface layer and I don't really care about whether it looks "showroom" or not anyway.. (Combating rust is my real concern so maintaining a thick paint coat has a higher priority.)

Even after having done the best paint job I could manage, I'm still having to continually treat new rust spots that appear on a regular basis. (But at least it's manageable now, whereas before the paint job it had become unmanageable.)

The mesh on my new bib has even rusted completely away in a few places because I'm finding it's so hard to keep painted/protected properly (and like most other surfaces on the front - it gets regularly hit by stones).

One day I hope to have some room for it in the garage (where paint chips won't immediately transform into rust).... :D

Good point. Before the body shop started my 40 they thought it would be a big job. But when they did the tear down they got scared haha. No real surface rust but there was cancer hiding. All gone now thank god. And I have a two year warranty on the work. I will have to make room in the garage for sure

Hey Rudi thought I would share these see what you think!
New lights are installed, pretty sure aftermarket ;)
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1414969476.853376.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1414969511.355171.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom