Combo Issue: shift interlock + TPMS disable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

I'm trying to piece together some weird issues.

1. The shift interlock kinda works...
With the ignition off and key removed, I can still move the gear selector out of Park to R/N/D - until I put it back in park without holding the brake. Even with the ignition on and the engine running, the only way the gear selector will lock out when I turn off the ignition is if I put the selector in Park without holding the brake down. This situation never happens though, you always have your foot on the brake when you put it in Park.

2. I tried the TPMS disable this week, which involved grounding the blue/grey wire (top connector row, 3rd from the left) from the TPMS module in the passenger footwell. Only, it didn't work. I tried different grounding points: mounting bolts, sanded to bare metal on the frame, even all the way to the negative battery terminal. I switched out the patch/ground wire and tried all the different grounding points again. Nothing, that damn light would start blinking 5 seconds after i turned the ignition back on.

Bonus:
A while ago I found a plug without a home in the driver's footwell, near the steering column, 4 pins in a black connector, labeled D-C-B-A. It's physically tethered to the plug that goes into the yellow box, but not electrically connected. My first thought is that it's an unused plug, and given that it's tethered and only has so much slack, maybe was intended to go to the square dummy plate next to the 2nd Start button. From what I could find, the square plate was supposed to house a trailer brake feature that just never made it to production.

OR, I'm completely wrong about the loose connector and one of you magnificent people will tell me where it's home is and all of the above issues will resolve themselves.

IMG-3221.jpg

IMG-3216.jpg

Not sure about the shifter interlock. That is like its working backwards. Do you have aftermarket LED brake light? Somebody at GXOR got problem with led brake light but it cause the shift interlock to not release. Your problem seem backward from that.

TPMS on later model needs voltage not ground to disable it. Not sure on year cutoff and exact voltage required.

That DCBA connector are not OEM. Might be aftermarket trailer brake controller or throttle controller that no longer there.

Thanks @Jstawgn , I was able to track down the TPMS disable for the later year models (mine's an 07). Apparently instead of grounding the blue/gray it needs a 5V source, which the green/red wire from the same loom just so happens to be. No more TPMS light.

No aftermarket LED brake lights, so still a little baffled by the shift interlock. Just hoping that the loose aftermarket plug has nothing to do with it, last thing I want to spend time figuring out is the partial install of someone else's electrical mods.

The shift assemblies on these rigs are very brittle and troublesome. I'd get in there to see whats going on. Pull the bezel off your shifter assembly and you'll see a white plastic button on the upper left hand corner of the assembly. sounds like its jammed or even broken. under the white plastic button is a spring that keeps tension as well. Maybe the spring is jammed or something. sounds like an easy fix.

Not sure on that mystery plug. only thing i can do is try to remember to check for the same plug on my rig when i get home and report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom