Colorado trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all. Its been a while since I posted anything as my 100 has been running great.

I'm from Missouri and the other day one of my buddies randomly asked me if I wanted to go see String Cheese Incident at Red Rocks on July 19. Being a lover of Red Rocks, I immediately said yes. Shortly after I committed to that, I realized HIH is the week following that so it would work out to be a perfect vacation. This would be my first opportunity to go since I bought my 100 and it seems like the registration goes fast. I know this is hard to say but what are the odds of actually getting in? Would it help my chances if I dragged along my trailer smoker and made brisket for everyone?

HIH9 sold out in a couple of minutes if I remember correctly. Good luck, it's such an amazing event!

I want to be able to attend HIH this year for the first time. After seeing it sell out so quickly last year I am starting to get the feeling I wont get in. Hoping I do though

You can just come out and wheel and camp on your own. String cheese is playing at the Dillon amphitheater July 14-15, great place to see a show and much smaller that RR. Views are better than RR too.

Hello all. Its been a while since I posted anything as my 100 has been running great.

I'm from Missouri and the other day one of my buddies randomly asked me if I wanted to go see String Cheese Incident at Red Rocks on July 19. Being a lover of Red Rocks, I immediately said yes. Shortly after I committed to that, I realized HIH is the week following that so it would work out to be a perfect vacation. This would be my first opportunity to go since I bought my 100 and it seems like the registration goes fast. I know this is hard to say but what are the odds of actually getting in? Would it help my chances if I dragged along my trailer smoker and made brisket for everyone?

It's all about your timing. It goes fast, but if you're at your PC ready to go the moment it opens, your chances are good.

That said, if you just want a day or two of good trails, you can do that on your own. Part of what makes Colorado so amazing for off-roading is that we have a large number of public trails on public land. Grab yourself a copy of the Funtrek's book or similar and go explore some trails. Stick to the green and blue stuff if you're by yourself and take it easy and you'll have a great time. Lots of amazing views here even on the easy trails.

Thanks for the advice guys! Maybe if I don't get in we'll try to find some trails closer to Denver. My main concern is that I'm a newbie at off roading so it would be nice to have some pros around the first time I go.

Thanks for the advice guys! Maybe if I don't get in we'll try to find some trails closer to Denver. My main concern is that I'm a newbie at off roading so it would be nice to have some pros around the first time I go.
That is the exact reason why I want to do HIH. I have never done it before and would feel much more comfortable with experienced guides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom