Coil Spring 'Socks' (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know I've seen them before, but cannot find them for 80 series coils -

Similar to SnowSocks (tire 'socks' for snow traction), but for a coil spring - some kind of weather and water resistant fabric cut to the length of a coil spring. It wraps around the spring and fastens to itself using velcro along its length to secure it to the coil. They are not permanent and are only used in deep snow conditions.

The purpose is to keep snow (which turns to ice) out of your coil spring. When trail breaking especially, the snow gets packed into the spring as you drive thru bumper-high+ snow. After a while the engine heat and starting and stopping (moving) causes the snow to semi melt. Then as more snow is encountered, it freezes back. After a few cycles of this, your coil is practically encased in hard-packed snow-ice and ALL...and I do mean ALL...suspension travel is lost.

Has anyone seen these or know where to get them? They'd be easy to make I would think, but alas I fall short there too. lol

I'm certainly interested if they can be sourced. Never seen them myself.

Like these?

91B795B2-4218-43CF-BB50-A4501527A143.jpeg

Just grab some snow gators XXL :doh:

Snow is what ISN'T in that hellhole state (GA) from which I moved 2 years ago. lol
I can say that. I'm a native. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom