Code 26 & Longish Crank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1993 FZJ80 Code 26 & Long(ish) Crank Time

I recently moved back to the interior of BC where it is about 10 degrees colder (Celsius my American friends) than the coast. I have had a longish crank time since I finished swapping in a new 1fzfe. I also changed; fuel pump, FPR, rebuilt and cleaned injectors, EGR delete, all associated intake manifold and throttle body gaskets. I also replaced both 02 sensors within the last 2000 miles.

Since the temperature drop I have an intermittent code 26 (too rich). It still runs and idles fine. Not sure where to go from here. I previously had this code before I had it on the road which lead me to changing most of the fuel supply system. Difference was I had no power it was basically in limp mode before. Any help or pointers would be appreciated. I am still fairly green and this forum has been my main resource for the work done thus far.

Do you get a hissing when you fill-up? When you take the cap off?
Has your gas mileage dropped?

Could be a charcoal canister.

When i spent the thick end of 9 months chasing that code it turned out to be long cable that runs from the O2 over the transmission and back through the main engine harness. I eventually shortened mine when i moved the o2's to the manifold but I understand that isn't always possible depending on local smog (or Canadian equivalent) codes. Make sure the connectors are clean either way.

No hissing when I open the cap and my mileage hasn't changed a noticable amount.

I can do that, no emissions where I am so relocating to the manifolds has crossed my mind. I will be sure to check connections and associated wiring.

Turns out my rusty downpipes developed a small hole right by the o2 sensor. After I patched that hole the code hasn't come back after ~100mi round trip. Still have a frustrating long crank tho haha

I have had a longish crank time since I finished swapping in a new 1fzfe

Define longish. Was this a problem with the previous motor? Does this happen on at hot start as well as cold?

Between 3-5 seconds on a stopwatch. The previous motor had a thrown bearing so I never started it. Before I did all the work on the fuel system it started quick although it wasn't driveable due to lack of power. It does it on cold starts and even warn starts. Turning it over within 10 minutes it fires right up.

Sounds like the problem is with fuel delivery and pressure bleed down. I would be looking for leaks at the fuel injectors and any connections. The check valve in the fuel pump could be defective as well. You may want to check line pressure out with a pressure gauge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom