Clutch pedal feels rough gritty after a H55F conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RBA

Threads
Hi,

I have a '89 cruiser with a H55F conversion. Been driving the truck for about 2 months and everything has been great until now. My clutch pedal feels rough, gritty upon depressing while the truck is running. The pedal feels perfectly smooth when the truck is off.

I don't see any leaks, the master cylinder looks fine.

Any thoughts on what the cause can be?

Throw out bearing? I've had it happen before but not on a hydraulic system.

If slave is not working the pedal works half (so pressing and not a lot of feeling, half of what it should be but smooth, to easy) but drivable, no grinding or anything, but checking for air or bad master/slave is good idea.
The clutch is not made to be pressed in and wait like at traffic light so if you do that a lot the bearing is not greased, sounds like throw out bearing but solution is nasty.
The sound of the throw out bearing spinning is not that bad but if you can feel it that is wrong.
It that pressing while in gear or neutral (if in gear (especially reverse) the rubber 0-ring beneath the shifter might be worn)

Thanks for the messages. Is there any noise associated with the symptom? And you said this only occurs when it's running, not when the engine is off, correct?!
Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

Hi Georg,

Yes, the grittiness of depressing the pedal only happens when the engine is running. No noise associated with it. The pedal is also smooth on the way up, regardless of engine running or not.

Take care,
Tom

I would remove the clutch inspection cover and take a look. That sounds like it might be an issue between the throw out bearing and pressure plate. Usually those components are extremely trouble free.
If you can't figure it out then definitely try to stop by with the cruiser although I realized it's more than a 10 minute drive .....
Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom