Clogged Valve Cover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

I was having obvious oil loss from the back side of the valve cover. Checked the screws and they were barely finger tight. I blindly decided to tighten them down and sheared one off. Today I got the valve cover off and noticed this clogged hole on the passenger side. Any idea what this is indicated of?

86F1983D-B809-4A6F-A23E-03992A995ED8.jpeg

You said clogged hole in the valve cover. I don’t see the valve cover in either of the photos.

I do see a valve cover retaining bolt hole that appears to completely full of something.

IIRC, that is just a blind hole, likely for manufacturing fixture, doesn't serve any purpose, other than to collect junk?

Did ya poke it?

It may just be a blind casting hole or alignment dowel but now that i think of it not sure there are any dowels on the vc.

*** slow typer

You said clogged hole in the valve cover. I don’t see the valve cover in either of the photos.

I do see a valve cover retaining bolt hole that appears to completely full of something.
Yeah that’s what I meant, thanks!

Did ya poke it?

It may just be a blind casting hole or alignment dowel but now that i think of it not sure there are any dowels on the vc.

*** slow typer
Haven’t poked it yet but I’m assuming you’re correct. The other hole was filled with oil so I wasn’t sure if they served a purpose or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom