Climate control problem. 99 lx470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got a 99 lx470. My climate control doesn't seem to work right. The ac will work if the temperature is set all the way down to cold. If the temperature is set one click up, it wants to put the heat all the way up and direct to to feet. It can be 100 degrees out.

Does this sound like the interior temperature sensor? Is there abutting else it could be?

This exact same thing happened to me last week. To blow cold it had to be on the lowest setting, and one click up would be full heat. Come to find out this little intake hose was disconnected from the cabin temp sensor directly below the ignition cylinder. It’s an easy check and fix for you to try first

CA828C8B-57B1-4AA5-A822-EA5F71C22C51.jpeg

I thought that contained a hidden camera for Mr. T engineers to stare at my nutsack.

Who knew!

Along the top yes just clips. I think there’s a single screw in the bottom left corner below the gas/hood release latches, but you shouldn’t even need to remove it to access that area. Just pull the black trim piece below the gauges towards you, then get some trim removal tools or your fingers and gently pull the right side of the trim piece out starting near the ignition cylinder

Gotta celebrate the easy/free fixes !!!

:steer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom