Climate control off after restart (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there a way to set climate control to automatically go to whatever mode it was in last after restarting the vehicle? The last several vehicles I have had did this so it feels strange that I have to set the climate control each time I start the LC.

A good possibility, though a possible major PITA, is that the inside / outside air linkage is not working. Search here for air filter replacement issues. My '13 made me restart climate control for a while until I saw other examples of it here. Even opened a case with a super helpful Toyota engineer...he ended up not finding the cause, but comp'd me a free month on TIS.

Back on topic...forcing the inside vent air baffle open to change cabin air filter screws a complex linkage up big time. I was lucky, I was able to reset the baffle with a firm push. Otoh, if the linkage is broken, you've got some major disassembly ahead. Based on pics here, I leave the cerveza until after I was done.

Good luck

Steve

Last edited:
I seem to remember this question coming up before, and it was solved by un-jamming the fresh/recirc damper above the cabin air filter. Something like that.

Edit: see above post.

Is there a way to set climate control to automatically go to whatever mode it was in last after restarting the vehicle? The last several vehicles I have had did this so it feels strange that I have to set the climate control each time I start the LC.

I leave mine set to "Auto" and it always starts up in that mode. Only beef I have is that I sometimes have to reset the Recirc to Off because the system once in a while sets that to Recirc after a start when I like to always leave it OFF.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom