Clear Corner Replacement project

Replaced the corner and turn lamps with clear last night. My buddy "Swanny" and I did them both in under an hour and that included some picture taking and discussion along the way. We purchased the DEPO lights from this ebay site. 91-97 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER FJ80 CLEAR CORNER+BUMPER LAMP | eBay

Everything went smooth after some minor modifications. The new lights didn't have a hole for the wiring to clip into so we had to add one. Used a 7/32 drill bit and it fit perfect. I know several people here have done this and they always said to remove the one screw up top then just slide them out. However, I think it should be said that for some vehicles (like mine) sliding out could take some force.

Now, pictures for your viewing pleasure.

001_clearlights.jpg

Before (me)
002_clearlights.jpg

Before (swanny)
003_clearlights.jpg

Notice the wiring clip hole is missing on the new light.:doh:
004_clearlights.jpg

Another view
005_clearlights.jpg

After drilling out the new hole.
006_clearlights.jpg

After shot (me)
007_clearlights.jpg

After shot (Swanny)
008_clearlights.jpg

A group poser shot :)

Those are on the list Grumpy. I am trying to keep my mods to a slow bleed so my wallet doesn't start to hemorrhage. Wish me luck. I am going to need it.

Ha ha ha. Your wallet is going to feel empty as long as you own that Landcruiser. I hope you used the stock wires from your amber lights. The depo ones tend to deteriorate at the conectors. Nice upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom