Clean your cold start injector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eicca

Professional Noob
Threads
I was experiencing an intermittent hard start, so pulled my cold start injector out for an inspection and the thing looked like a burned hot dog. So I cleaned it thoroughly with some carb cleaner and now my rig starts without the slightest hesitation. Very pleasing.

Just a tip :cheers:

you got a picture of it so i can do mine. I have a 91 3FE. You have the same motor i'm assuming from the bottom

More info and pics please.

Sorry, wasn't on my computer at the time of OP. Pic attached.

Remove the fuel line bold with a 12mm socket (some fuel WILL spray out), remove the two bolts that anchor the injector to the manifold with a 10mm socket. Disconnect the plug by removing the wire clip. Clean with carburetor cleaner and reinstall :)
Photo0146.jpg

Thanks good info.

Mahalo's for the 411. Any other good things you did to your 3FE that we could do?

Mahalo's for the 411. Any other good things you did to your 3FE that we could do?

For me, the basics have made the biggest difference. Kickdown and Accelerator cables (huge, feels like a new rig), spark plugs, and of course an audio overhaul (even though that has nothing to do with the 3FE :D )

is the part the same for a 97?

I doubt it, but the procedure is no different (remove, clean, reinstall). I just don't know where the cold start injector is on a 1FZ so I can't help you there

Now that I have a running 3FE, I'm all ears.
Nice tip and Ty, thanks for the reminder on the 3FE tuning link.
Ernest could use it.
:cool:

Worked on my uncle's 96 today, and I noticed the 1FZ doesn't appear to have a cold start injector (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Awesome, I followed this procedure and now my FJ62 is starting on the first attemp. When I pulled the CSI out it was totally caked in black crud. I cleaned and now it works as advertised.

Thank you.

My truck has the problem with a hard start and needs to turn over a few times to start.

Thanks for the tip and walkthrough Eicca.

I had to scrape off a few mm's of carbon with a screwdriver. But, now she starts with a few less cranks, and doesn't sputter at all!

Gotta love simple fixes!

Fyi, soaking injector tips in Motorvac solution is awesome. It's sold by many places that supply shops with chems and online.

I've yet to notice a cold start injector in any of my removals of the intake, which have been plentiful...

1FZs dont have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom