Clarification on small lift/sourcing parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay guys, so I know there is A LOT of info out there on lifts. My specific question has to do with using OEM parts to gain a small lift on our 06 GX. I will be doing a BMC as well. My plan is to get something to just raise the front to level it out some so I can go ahead clear a set of 255/80s. (to avoid having to buy tires immediately after I get a "real" lift) I already need tires now, and really like the skinny tire look. I would like the lift to be gained by the springs if at all possible, I don't really wanna run any spacers if I don't have to. So here are my main questions

1.) Which OEM spring/strut setups will give me around the 1-1.5" lift (FJC, 4Runner, Tacoma?)
2.) Which years should I be looking for (if that matters)
3.) Would it be better to run 5100s adjusted? or the Toytec 1" spacer?

Thanks guys. I would really like to be able to just go ahead and get a full dobinsons lift or something like that, but currently doing some work on my 1st gen Tacoma so funds are being stretched lol.

update: just gonna be patient and do it right. No need in rushing and doing something I will end up changing later. Just gonna slowly start buying parts!

Is your current suspension all stock, or do you know if it's fairly new?

You could add lifted front coils only to it if you think the struts are in good shape. If you're only wanting to go up an inch or so, that wouldn't be a problem.

Regarding OE struts, you can get new Tacoma takeoff parts for the front that will bolt on but I don't know if you'll get any lift out of it. Tacoma is a 3.5 V6 versus your 4.7L V8 plus other differences possibly in weight. By my guesses, maybe 1/2" lift with stock new Tacoma coils.

Is your current suspension all stock, or do you know if it's fairly new?

You could add lifted front coils only to it if you think the struts are in good shape. If you're only wanting to go up an inch or so, that wouldn't be a problem.

Regarding OE struts, you can get new Tacoma takeoff parts for the front that will bolt on but I don't know if you'll get any lift out of it. Tacoma is a 3.5 V6 versus your 4.7L V8 plus other differences possibly in weight. By my guesses, maybe 1/2" lift with stock new Tacoma coils.

When we purchased it the guy replaced the rear stuff with new air springs, but i think that is as far as he went. So the front stuff has around 190k on it. I was looking at a pair of Dobinsons coils for the front that would give me around an inch, but the only ones i seen was the c59-300's and it says that is 1.5" but my concern is it leaning...I don't mind it sitting level or with a factory rake, but if i start having to do things to the rear just to make the front a tad taller then I will just wait until I can do the full setup with UCA's and the rear the way I want.

We have shorter coils than that too, but you're right, it's not worth spending the money for those coils now if you want something different later. You're better off saving up and putting on the parts to get the lift height you want. Or dig around for some takeoff parts like you were first asking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom