Churn Creek area update (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When I was talking to Pete yesterday, we spoke about meeting Friday morning and heading up the canyon. I think Rob Millson is coming over and will join us on the way up. So far we have Pete & Patti, Garry B & wife, myself, Millson, Glenn B, and a couple of Pete's friends. Drew is a maybe. I guess give the GPS coordinates to Pete.
Hi Bill, Heather and myself will be traveling up Saturday after work, maybe arriving 9-10. (Jeff Herbert)

Convoy details: we will be meeting at the Cole Road rest area off Hwy 1 Abbotsford on Friday morning. You know it as the rest area by Hougen Park where we've held the last few Cruiser Days. Pull into the rest area stay to the left.

We will be meeting there Friday morning, time TBA. We're waiting on Rob M as he isn't sure which ferry he will make given the holiday rush + covid, so his arrival at the rest area will likely either be around 9am or 10:30am. I will post here as soon as I get word from him. I'll be waiting for you at the rest area, my number is 604-308-8657 and 146.460. Let me know if you aren't going to make it or if you'll be late so we know whether to wait or head out - we don't mind waiting to allow everyone to join up.

Convoy details: we will be meeting at the Cole Road rest area off Hwy 1 Abbotsford on Friday morning. You know it as the rest area by Hougen Park where we've held the last few Cruiser Days. Pull into the rest area stay to the left.

We will be meeting there Friday morning, time TBA. We're waiting on Rob M as he isn't sure which ferry he will make given the holiday rush + covid, so his arrival at the rest area will likely either be around 9am or 10:30am. I will post here as soon as I get word from him. I'll be waiting for you at the rest area, my number is 604-308-8657 and 146.460. Let me know if you aren't going to make it or if you'll be late so we know whether to wait or head out - we don't mind waiting to allow everyone to join up.
Hi Pete, you have the GPS co-ords, thank you...Jeff

Sounds like we might see you guys on the road North, but we’re headed for the ranch near Horsefly, have a great weekend!

location sent to you guys going on your own. Hit me up here or in FB if you didn't get it, should be in your PMs here.

If @REDREEFER is ferrying over I hope he has a reservation. BCFerries don’t look like they are adding too many extra sailings and I think still at 50% capacity. I did a fuel mileage and engine run from Ladysmith to Port Hardy and back today. Still signs at all First Nations access roads with Keep Away.
I didn’t stop, or get out of the truck. Surprised to see an Albertan tourist on a Harley ( or should say not surprised 😲🤬 ). But what surprised me was the Washington State F-150 covered in dust. And the KIA SUV from Oregon.
Wish I could have made this trip, just can’t coordinate with other stuff.

The trip went great, up to 13 people and 7 dogs running around. Big campfire evenings and each told their tribute to Gary Telford. Mat is living the dream in his backwoods hidaway. First picture are a few of the guys: Phillip, Rob, Kim, and Greg ready to roll from Abbotsford.
Start Wheeling now.JPG

Saw most of you at the rest stop in the mid morning going by and passed one waiting for a late lunch in CC, was surprised you didn’t catch us as we had stopped for lunch in Spence’s Bridge. Looks like a great time was had!

Saw most of you at the rest stop in the mid morning going by and passed one waiting for a late lunch in CC, was surprised you didn’t catch us as we had stopped for lunch in Spence’s Bridge. Looks like a great time was had!
Did you check out the Vulture Garage in Spence's Bridge with their funky old vehicles?

Did you check out the Vulture Garage in Spence's Bridge with their funky old vehicles?
Nope, another time when we aren’t trying to make dinner.
They had a great lineup there this time.

Since a choice has been made a few details.

I have my mom up right now and likely through the weekend, I'm replacing the engine in her Suzuki Vitara. So if I don't finish before you guys get here, I might recruit a few of you :p (mostly kidding). No, she doesn't mind all you coming up.

There is a lot of space to camp and a working bathroom (especially once I finish the damn shower renovation), running water. A large fire pit, the lake, a canoe (feel free to bring your own if you want), ATV trails, lots of other lakes and places to check out. Dog friendly ....in fact I might keep them when you are leaving.
You are welcome to stay as long as you want ....after a few days I will start putting you to work though :).

Lone Butte is about 15 minute drive away from my place and has both fuels, and basic supplies, Interlakes is 15 minutes the other way and has more supplies and fuel, 100 Mile is 30 minutes away. If anything, I know some locals are not keen on strangers coming up to small communities so maybe just bring whatever you need. I'm not putting a limit on how many people come, but do let me know in case I need to make preparations. I'll send the GPS co-ordinance to one of you (whoever is leading) and if you can't find it, means you have not been wheeling in too long!

Matt,

I may have to come visit you late August. A family friend from Ladner moved to Lone Butte a few years back and we keep saying we will visit one day. We may head to the property of another Ladner friend who has 25 acres on Crystal Lake. Nice camping, lots to do in the area. I've learned that it takes a long time to get a Toyota radiator to Crystal on a long weekend though 🙂

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom