Christmas Tree run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GTSSportCoupe

2LTE abuser
Threads
@stevebradford and I are going to cheap out and cut our own trees. This will probably involve some driving of landcruisers and maybe snow...haha.

All landcruisers are welcome to join. We haven't made any solid location plans etc. yet. Just getting the ball rolling. Will accommodate safe COVID distancing etc.

Last edited:

Let’s do this we have Trudeau looking out for our future Christmas’s!

06VQMOfh.jpg

12th is waaay too early for a tree in my house, but we'll see what's happening that weekend.

Might be able to come for a drive at least.

You know, thats actually a good point. I'm free the 19/20th too if that works; or I could take a day off from work around there somewhere. Honestly I prefer getting a tree on the later end too, as they die in about a week anyhow. What do you think @stevebradford ?

D8E4FF23-EB70-40A7-8CF4-BF4701B464D8.gif

one week later
4B237788-58FA-4FAC-983F-A55C8EB6542E.jpeg

If it were up to me I wouldn’t store a bunch of rodent infested kindling in my house but having kids and or a wife will do that to you. I’m easy whenever works for the group, I’m up for a later in the month drive if I can work it.

Last edited:
one week later

If it were up to me I wouldn’t store a bunch of rodent infested kindling in my house but having kids and or a wife will do that to you. I’m easy whenever works for the group, I’m up for a later in the month drive if I can work it.

Really it's all just an excuse to get out in the cruisers (in my case the tree just makes it more legit with teh wife...haha). You free the 19th as far as you know?

SWMBO is demanding I get a tree this weekend instead of the following one. It'll be dry and dead smelling in a week, but "happy wife happy life" as they say. Better to burn the house down....LOL.

So, with COVID out of control and all, not sure if anyone else is interested in getting out or not. If you are, just post here and we'll figure something out.

My Grinch mode has officially been engaged.

One trip into a crappy tire and that awful ****ing music being piped in and that's it for me. I don't know how those poor bastards that work there don't go insane listening to that s*** all day. Thank **** for online shopping.

Swmbo is in charge of bringing our s***ty little tree out of whatever cupboard it's hidden in so our living room can have that ghastly thing in a corner for a week. (max)

So, Yeah.

I'm probably not coming on the tree run. :lol:

I'd love to come along.... if I wasn't waiting for a replacement blow off valve to come in the mail :bang:

Probably the best option I think.
You bringing the kids? I presume so. Temps look good so with reduced salt risk I’ll bring the 74.
either day works. Got the tundra stuff sorted out today, not fixed but delayed. It’s almost good

How does Saturday look to you? Is Steve coming along? I’m editing this Thursday am.
Saturday forecast looks like best for maybe even getting some sunshine. I’ve got the 60
torn apart chasing leak, but 74 is good.

Last edited:
How does Saturday look to you? Is Steve coming along? I’m editing this Thursday am.
Saturday forecast looks like best for maybe even getting some sunshine. I’ve got the 60
torn apart chasing leak, but 74 is good.

Saturday weather is looking perfect. I think my fam won't be joining on this trip. No idea on @stevebradford ; I would think he'd reply here if he was still interested. I'm thinking exploring the area behind Youbou down to the Chemainus River would be really interesting (go in same way as PeeZed and I did for Sherk Lake). Christmas tree is just an excuse - it's some exploring/wheeling that we'd be shooting for.

Nice thing about this area, is I highly doubt we'll see anyone. Area past Sooke on the other hand was crawling with idiots last time I went out. With traffic and construction on the Sooke Hwy, seems to take about the same amount of time to get to Lake Cowichan.

There may be some scratchy sections (see pictures I took of Sherk Trip).

The valley just over this (1500m) peak is where we could head. We may hit snow and not make it over the hump; will just have to play it by ear. I suggest we start in Cowichan at 8:30am - this will maximize daylight. Could meet in Tim Hortons parking lot.

Here is a link to a photographer's trip up there. This is only accessible by hiking, but demonstrates how beautiful this area is: From the Archives // June 2/3: Lomas Lake. — Rob Wilson Photography

AF1QipNM6_PEmthX8tyBHiuWkAApgTiaZ63VJwJ-Wfle=w2560-h1440-pd

Andrew Sutherland (one of our old members) took this picture down in the valley bottom:

AF1QipOQzYuee9L9z2Mfa-wLODBhmLihDAn7ew6RI9di=h1440

of course my first chance to go out with other cruisers is spoiled by bad brakes, would love to come out with you guys and find more in that area

of course my first chance to go out with other cruisers is spoiled by bad brakes, would love to come out with you guys and find more in that area

Sorry to hear.

If you'd like to get involved in the club, you should take some time to introduce yourself and your cruiser! (start a thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom