Choosing a new Camshaft for a Stock Chevy 350 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Given your stock cam #s, changing to 1.6 rockers would give you gross valve lifts in the area of .408" and .427".
Advertised dur. would not change but your @.050 would increase some depending on the initial ramp of your cam.

here is some reading from 4 wheeler magazine "Project quest for torque"
I used the comp cam 260 high energy and am happy with it .
hope you can read it .

... just some thing to read

quest for torque 6.jpg
quest for torque 7.jpg
quest for torque 8.jpg

I can see the 262 as a nice cam for a 4x4 i am running one quite similar in a 350 and like it.
I ran the same cam in a 327 years before so i looked for it again for this engine.
It is an Energizer cam with .454 lift on int and ex and 216* @.050 I think the LSA is 112.
But it has some lope to it so i did not bring it up.

Vortec heads and more compression will help power across the board. Just sayin'.

I'll second that. The Vortec heads will make a huge difference. I have been very pleased with the Comp Cams products I have used. I have not gone nuts on the duration knowing what I use the rig for. There are several choices, yours being a "rubbing" cam and not a roller, it will be less expensive. I went with one of their Extreme 4X4 cams the first time around when I was carbed. I don't recall the part number, but it was said to make its best power between 1000 and 5000 RPM. Chugging around at 500 RPM was no problem and I was quite happy with it. Economy was good too. They will take your call and give you free advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom