Child lock stuck (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone had an issue with the child lock not disengaging? One of my kids locked it now it won’t unlock. I’ve tried to pry it up gently and even taken the door apart to see if I can access from inside the door. I can touch the lever but it won’t budge and I don’t feel any other mechanism. Any help would be appreciated so I don’t have to take it in!

It’s a 2008 and it’s the driver’s side passenger door.

Well I had to remove the 3 bolts to the door lock mechanism and pull the whole mechanism out. Got the child lock switch working and put the mechanism back in connected the cables, put the door panel on and tested the handles before shutting. Now the door won’t open. I must have not got the cables on correctly. How do you open a door that you can’t remove the door panel now that it’s shut?

Well I had to remove the 3 bolts to the door lock mechanism and pull the whole mechanism out. Got the child lock switch working and put the mechanism back in connected the cables, put the door panel on and tested the handles before shutting. Now the door won’t open. I must have not got the cables on correctly. How do you open a door that you can’t remove the door panel now that it’s shut?
SOLVED! If you open the outside handle and inside handle at the same time the door opened. I had the lock and door handle cables reversed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom