Chicago Meet-up and possible Fluid Film opportunity (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Seems like there are a few people in the Chicago area in this forum (LC or LX). Some of us have built-up trucks and some of us are more or less stock. The one thing we all have in common is that "Winter is coming", and with it the inevitable rust.

I was thinking it would be cool to find a time where those of us living in Flatlandia can meet face-to-face. And @GoISO has equipment to do fluid film applications to try and slow the rust and help preserve our cruisers. What do you guys think about getting together for beer/pizza at GoISU's place? Those of you who want to get your truck sprayed can do so, and those who don't can just hang out until Kevin kicks us out.

Chicagoans I know of:
@linuxgod (me)
@Reckless
@GoISU
@m3fan
@BuckeyeFan
@divemedic (not yet a 200 owner but soon to be)

And @Sandroad said he might make the trip from Michigan. Others are obviously welcome, including any other series LC owners.

What do you guys think? Any available and interested to meet up one Saturday in October?

Seems like there are a few people in the Chicago area in this forum (LC or LX). Some of us have built-up trucks and some of us are more or less stock. The one thing we all have in common is that "Winter is coming", and with it the inevitable rust.

I was thinking it would be cool to find a time where those of us living in Flatlandia can meet face-to-face. And @GoISO has equipment to do fluid film applications to try and slow the rust and help preserve our cruisers. What do you guys think about getting together for beer/pizza at GoISU's place? Those of you who want to get your truck sprayed can do so, and those who don't can just hang out until Kevin kicks us out.

Chicagoans I know of:
@linuxgod (me)
@Reckless
@GoISU
@m3fan
@BuckeyeFan
@divemedic (not yet a 200 owner but soon to be)

And @Sandroad said he might make the trip from Michigan. Others are obviously welcome, including any other series LC owners.

What do you guys think? Any available and interested to meet up one Saturday in October?

I'm still on the hunt for a 200. I'd be more then happy to bring my 77 along. Note: my in-laws live in Chicagoland which is why I'm in the area frequently. If dates are nailed down I may can plan a visit up there.

I'm definitely interested. October Saturdays are fine for me; later in the month rather than earlier. The trip's a big commitment, with several moving parts, but I should be able to do it.

I am off Saturday October 28th and Sunday October 29th.

I can clear some time out those days (as far as I know without talking to the wife).

I'll keep you guys posted if you want to talk other dates, I have every other weekend off so you can figure out my availability that way as well.

Looking forward to this, come one, come all.

Saturday October 28th works for me. Sundays are out until November because my kids have soccer.

Saturday is good for me as well. Nice to meet some local cruiserheads esp linux's rig.

I can do the 28th, and I'm interested in getting the rig sprayed. Looking forward to it.

Are we ready to lock in the date?

Saturday October 28th looking good for everyone so far?

I just reapplied my Fluid Film, three cans worth. Good stuff. The first coating (several months ago) definitely did its job, no real rust issues.

It tastes lovely too when the wind changes direction and blows it into your face. I kinda enjoy the smell too.

I don't mind the smell either, I tried wearing safety glasses the first time I sprayed this stuff, couldn't see through them after 5 mins. Now I rely on the old safety squints only. The air pressure system seems to atomize this stuff a lot more and spray it a lot harder than the cans do. Kinda makes for a fog under the truck, my hair looks great when I'm done though.

I don't mind the smell either, I tried wearing safety glasses the first time I sprayed this stuff, couldn't see through them after 5 mins. Now I rely on the old safety squints only. The air pressure system seems to atomize this stuff a lot more and spray it a lot harder than the cans do. Kinda makes for a fog under the truck, my hair looks great when I'm done though.

Geez, I better do my own spraying. That sounds like fun (not).

10/28 works for me right now. Does the weather play a role? Does the truck need to be clean and dry to do this?

10/28 works for me as well.

The truck does not need to be clean or dry (if you've just been mudding if you drive at tollway speeds in the rain that'll clean it enough for me). This stuff displaces water and gets where it needs to be regardless if the surface is wet.

Rain or shine the 28th it is.

If you guys like BBQ I've got an awesome spot right down the street. We could do a group lunch outing on the 28th.

I also just picked up another gallon of Fluid Film today. Building my stockpile.

IMG_0410.JPG
Photographic proof.

I've got a hundy that I'd like you to take care of, sub'd to the thread, 10/28 works for me, put me on the list!

Got my 200 and also have a neighbor down the street with a 3rd Gen 4R that is interested.

Just picked up my 100 a couple days ago. I'm definitely interested, just need to make sure I can make it out that weekend since I'm getting married the week before...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom