"Chewie" the Journey of a 1988 HJ61 from a land far, far away (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, I love this area and there are several 60s and 80s here. Dooope, that sounds like fun. We were planning on san luis pass. I've been trying to stargaze for a while now and it always rains when I have a chance to take the telescope out there. I'm down to meet up and I'll let Dobre know.

I received a text today with a picture of my old FJ62 which I sold to a guy in the Houston area. Normally I like getting texts from friends saying they saw my old cruiser around town, but this time it was painful to see the picture I received.:(

22529038664_ef91bbcad1_k.jpg

Looks to me like it is most likely totaled. I had a lot of memories in that rig and I feel terrible for the new owner for this to have happened to him.

On a more positive note, I got around to mounting my Bobble head Chewbacca back on the dash of Chewie, where he belongs. Earlier this summer his Head had melted off in the Texas heat and when I hit a hard bump fell all the way off! So on my lunch break today I JB welded him back together haha.

22833692360_54f975e9c3_k.jpg

Headed down to the coast for a few nights of beach camping. Decided to bring the pup along on this trip.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448165885.342556.jpg

We got to the the beach about 30 minutes before the sun went down and snapped this quick picture before setting up camp.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448165612.053554.jpg

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1448238957.370544.jpg

Staying at Galveston Island State park tonight. Not a bad little park to camp at. The girlfriend is beyond happy about the nice restrooms and showers they have here. Last night got pretty cold while sleeping in the cruiser so we picked up another fleece blanket to add a layer to our sleeping set up. Now to just kick back and drink some beers around the fire.

My girlfriend and I decided to make a Travel Blog and Instagram to share stories from all of our trips and adventures in Chewie. Thought I'd share with anyone who is interested!

Instagram: @faroutadventure
Website/ Blog: www.farout-adventure.com

Thought I'd share a time lapse of us setting up camp at Sam Houston National Forest last month. I love my new Fox Wing awning.

I also have a new post on our trip to Sam Houston National Forest last month with a group of people from Texas Overland.

Sam Houston National Forest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom